My day at work

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
I walked in at noon, to this little store, but a big chain, to my part time job. Only the insane works there full-time.

I clock in, grab the deposit, use my car, my gas, to do the banking. I come back always with a smile on my face no matter what I am doing. Which leads some to think, I am up to no good. But, never the case, I am always good. Always got that halo on. Never slips either.

So, I come back and the big-headed assistant manager starts to tell me, that one of the young girls over the weekend had a customer throw and hit her in the head with a hard plastic cup. I asked, " oh, is she okay, what happened?"

Well, the customer was upset cause her shoes on a special order wasn't in, saying, someone was laughing at her on the phone. She implied it was me. Me? Moi? I asked, " what day this happen the phone call?" Ah, I see, " but, I WAS off that day. Look further, I added..."

Well, the customer came in, and got mad throwing the cup at the young girl's head. The young girl asked her to leave.

Hmm, I thought that was assult... Cop time...

So, I said, " what did you do?" Well, she went on saying, the next day she called the customer up, apologized that her shoes was on back order and now are in." So, the customer came back in, tried them on, didn't like the fit and wanted her money back, which was returned with an, " I'm sorry."

I said, " you did what?" adding, " my word she should not had been allowed back in the store."

Then, it started.

I was told to " get out! GET OUT OF HERE! YOU ARE A LOWLY SALESCLERK! YOU ACT LIKE THE ASST MANAGER!"

Well, we had our words.

Then, an hour later, she wanted a HUG. A hug! I told her if she touched me, I would sue for sexual harrassment!

A guy was putting a new door on the back room, and I went back there helping him. lol.

This was my day at this job.

WONDERFUL.

Now, am I crazy, but, what would you all had done.... would you had apologized about the shoes? and refunded her money?

Opinions please... signed,
The lowly salesclerk.
:)

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
All of your days were a vacation compared to mine.

I have had the worst day in a long time.

Cookie

Reaction score
Ian, this will make you laugh. This made me laugh.

Now, this so-called pathetic asst manager who was booted out of several different other locations and ended up in mine, her son works for another location. Now, she has been buying his clothes, he has to wear a uniform. So, she buys him female clothes. Now, a customer complained about his attire, and that manager of that location, tried to get him fired for inappropriate attire. ;) true story.

No one would ever believe me.

Now for those of you wondering why she buys the female attire, it is simply so she too can wear it. I swear this is a true story, lol.

Go on Ian, beat this one. ;) Anyone!

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Ever hear from him anymore? wanting anymore work done?

I was told to apologize to every customer now matter how wrong they are. I don't know if I'm good at that.

This is my refund story
And I'm sticking to it.

Cookie
This just happened this week. I still have to mail the check back.
And no, we don't do work for people like that. We've spent three hours with him, and he would like us to donate the time, because afterall, he spent a lot of money with someone else in 1999. I guess he expects free labor from the plumbing industry for life now.
Terry

Last edited by a moderator:

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
The Customer is always right.

But No refund on special order. Store credit only Please, and Thank You...

Cookie

Reaction score
The customer is right but wrong, when commits a felony, called, assult. Wrong.... ;)
Hmm, food for thought about the special order refund, but, it was done anyways. How funny, when you take a job that anyone can do, the so-called, management, knows beans. Their education is zilch.

Or maybe, I am wrong... if a customer hits an employee in the head with a hard plastic bottle, really, doesn't matter what it is, good thing it was not something worse, but, my question is, should that customer be allowed back in the store? Was that customer right in her action because her special ordered shoes was not in?

And, was she deserving of getting her shoes? She was not only given the shoes, ( which she then claimed didn't fit anyways) then, her money back, but, an apology and, a thank you.

Is this how merchants and an asst manager, ( lol.) should treat their "family" of employees when a crime as been committed.

What if she got a concussion? What if, ( if their is a next time) this customer does worse?

and... the shoe size was a 12. That is an unusual size for a female. That was one big woman. Not saying, it can't be, just, odd.

Last edited:

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
I would not let Him back in the store. lol

I have never been assaulted with a plastic bottle, I would have just kick him out, and took it like a man.

But, that is not correct for a customer to take their frustration on a worker, because the Company was at fault.

That is the job of the Manager, That is why they get that extra 25 cents per hour.

I guess you will not be going back.

Cookie

Reaction score
You know, I bet that was not a lady, that was a man. I bet his throw hit her head pretty hard, you figure, if this was a guy he would have more power to throw, eh. We sell those cups, he yanked it off the hanging rack, and, those things are hard. I would not like to be hit in the head with one. If that was me? I would had called the cops. No ifs or buts. She is 21, I think, that is young, but, old enough to know when you are assulted. The so-called, asst manager who called this customer apologizing the next day, she is in her 50's.

I have 3 jobs. This is a part time job, and yes, I will go back, because I still am helping my son, and I support me, no one else. The economy kind of effects RE, lol. That is life!

But, I will be on the look out for Bigfoot.

This plastic cup/bottle, is not some lightweight plastic. It has even a weight in the bottom so it won't tip over etc, it is very hard and very heavy. Just to clarify this so you understand.

Last edited:

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
All of your days were a vacation compared to mine.

I have had the worst day in a long time.

Worse: Backed into a hillside and filled the tail pipe with red mud, bent the pipe to a 1/4" ID. Got it home after some muddy fun. Weedeater took out the side window an hour later...

Next morning, 2 flat tires. One a inside sidewall cut. Dead battery.

Oil filter had a hole in it, only leaked when cold under high pressure. Seat back adjust sheared off, need 2 screwdrivers to adjust.

Just for fun, the new German Shepherd ate both front seat belts off and brought them to the house.

Phone rang: ex employee crook took my big job [no license] from a prime customer.

Took a good few stiff drinks to start organizing the repairs.

Cookie

Reaction score
I had this amazing day. The young girl was there when I got there at work. I didn't ask her about what happened not wanting to stir up anything, not knowing how she felt about what happened. Well, as fate would have it, a woman comes in, and she is says to me, " it is nice to see you, I haven't been in here a while, but, I have been thinking about you." She goes on about how much I helped her with her little boy when he was in the store with her. She said, about the impact I had on him, and now, he is like a different little boy so well-behaved and she thanked me. I still have no idea what I did, lol. I talk to all the kids, I wish I knew.

After she left, I told this young co-worker of mine, that most of the people who come through here are really nice folks. But, when you get a bad one, you can get the worst of the lot.

Next, another woman comes in. She said, to me, " I have been coming in looking for you, I want to give you this." It was her mom''s favorite book. I said, " oh, I can't take this" and she went on, saying, with this young girl standing there...listening & watching every movement now, "you really helped me when my mom was dying, because of you, my mom & I mended our argument and I had spent the last 6 months with her, together instead, of apart, I want you to have this." It was a book about love.

Well, you might not believe this, but I swear on anything holy, in walks a woman rolling an oxygen tank, kind of looked like a suitcase on wheels. She is an older woman, in her 70's and I smiled at her, when she walked up to me saying, " aren't you the girl with cancer?" I said, " yes" and she said, loud and clear, " you saved my life." She went on talking for the next 15 minutes, telling me I told her about the PAW PAW,,, and she was a stage 3 Lung cancer. Now, she had her scans done, and I am saying this loud and clear, " THE DISEASE IS GONE." I remember her, her name is Bobbi, and I walked around the counter, hugging her, she was hugging me.

The young girl wasn't moving. I introduced them and she never said a word, just listened.

This day, today, was amazing.

Cookie

Reaction score
The dog ate the seatbelts? How funny, lol. Wonder why he did that, ;) but, he at least gave them to you, that was polite.

Worse: Backed into a hillside and filled the tail pipe with red mud, bent the pipe to a 1/4" ID. Got it home after some muddy fun. Weedeater took out the side window an hour later...

Next morning, 2 flat tires. One a inside sidewall cut. Dead battery.

Oil filter had a hole in it, only leaked when cold under high pressure. Seat back adjust sheared off, need 2 screwdrivers to adjust.

Just for fun, the new German Shepherd ate both front seat belts off and brought them to the house.

Phone rang: ex employee crook took my big job [no license] from a prime customer.

Took a good few stiff drinks to start organizing the repairs.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Never tie a resourceful dog to a seat belt with a leash. He ate that first one a month ago, and now hates them all. Damn expensive habit.

And today the rear door latch broke off, and opening it is a contortionists dream- no internal latch - gotta dig inside the plastic.

Cookie

Reaction score
I missed my calling. I should had been a vet, I love dogs. And, cats. Birds. Stink bugs. lol, and especially, smart dogs. You got one smart dog. I like that. Mine are smart. My cats would impress you, they do everyone who meets them. I read earlier where Hitler was trying to have an army of dogs that talked. Did you read that this morning? I almost spit my coffee out. On my cat sitting on my lap. He said, " watch out mom, I am sitting here." Maybe, he should had tried talking cats. ;)

Now, I get to go to work. At that lousy part time job which pays for groceries. That is it. But, this smart human, who will never let anyone get the best on her, drafted up a letter, whereas, if this poor excuse for a human being starts with me, I will with a smile on my face, fax it to corporate, right under her nose. You got to love it... I love, technology. Like my dad used to tell me, " you aren't as dumb as you look." I used to think, geez dad... I am not even blonde.

I used to tease him and put on thick black glasses and ask him, " how do I look now?"

You all have a nice day.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Well, for those of you following the saga of my fruitless part time job, I will continue.

I walked in of course not knowing what to expect wearing a crisp lime green blouse with my hair pulled up in a somewhat pony tail to hear the so-called asst. manager tell this lowly-appointed, salesclerk, that she looked rather nice in that color of blouse and stating how cool her hair looked pulled so fashionably up on her head.

I stopped, turned around to see who was behind me, and when I saw no one, I figured she must be talking about me.

Before I could react her long thin arms much like the aliens in the movie, ET, came out and again, wanting to hug me. Like the cat I have who sits in the garden window and when I want a kiss, he says, " okay woman make it quick just hurry up."

She says, " let me hug you" and I quickly think, if you must do it, do it quick to get it over with.

There for a few seconds which seemed like forever, we embraced like long-lost friends.

I was telling my son about this tonite when he came home from work and while talking with him in his room I was collecting the dishes which had accumlated. I have this not-so-trivial balance problem and was standing on the top of the stairs when it dawned on me, this was something I could not do. I couldn't go back and I couldn't go forward.

My son saw me and yelled, " whoa! mom, don't do it" and came running over, where I told him I felt like I was in the boardgame, Topple. For those of you not familiar with it, I have copied and pasted the instructions for it to play on your Iphone:

Stack and balance a family of mischievous and dysfunctional shapes using Multi-Touch™
controls to slide and rotate them into position. Build your way to victory but remember to keep your balance by tilting the screen to prevent your teetering tower of blocks from Toppling to their doom.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks