Restaurant to retrain staff after mixed-drink mixup

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
1 hr 38 mins ago

CHICAGO (Reuters) – The company that owns the Applebee's restaurant chain said on Monday it was immediately retraining its workers nationwide after a server at a suburban Detroit location accidentally served alcohol to a toddler.

The company, California-based DineEquity Inc, said it would also change the way it serves juice to youngsters to eliminate the chance of any mixups that could result in any more toddlers receiving mixed drinks.

On Friday, Taylor Dill-Reese went to an Applebee's in Madison Heights, Michigan, where -- among other things -- she ordered her 15-month-old son Dominick an apple juice.

What the little boy apparently got instead was a margarita. His mom told WDIV-TV that she only realized something was wrong when Dominick "kind of laid his head on the table and dozed off a little bit and woke up and got real happy."

The little boy reportedly began hailing strangers, too.

Applebee's released a statement on Monday saying it was relieved that Dominick was "not seriously injured as a result of accidentally receiving the wrong beverage" and apologizing to his family "for the stress and worry this caused them."

It said it would begin to serve apple juice to children only from single-serve containers at the table and would "retrain all severs on our beverage pouring policy, emphasizing that non-alcoholic and alcoholic beverages must be stored in completely separate and identified containers."

(Reporting by James B. Kelleher; editing by Greg McCune)

*No one mentioned about the angry guy who got the apple juice, lol.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Prolly not much to worry about...

The kid Hopefully has inherited a brain from his father....

Mom couldn't tell the difference between Apple Juice and a Margarita?

240768046_199eec2a2f.jpg

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Red, I just heard on the news this morning, now, the Olive Garden gave a baby a Sangria.

That picture of yours, looks mighty tasty. :)

Cookie

Reaction score
I was at the Olive garden tonite, and had quiete a few apple juices. They looked exactly like your picture. :) The apple juice was quite tastie.

When my son asked what I was doing tonite, I told him, I was involved in doing an experiment.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I can't see what all the fuss is about.

A few sips of an alcoholic beverage is not going to kill a toddler.

Didn't anyone have a teaspoon of whisky as a kid?

Or a sip of beer?

This is religion gone mad, I tell you.

Liquor is good. Even on Sundays. And yes, on sale from gas stations too. Or sitting open on the passenger seat if the mood takes you (but not to be drunk while driving, of course).

In England we call it "freedom". And it's what your ancestors, mistakenly, left for.

You fought for freedom and you've ended up with less of it because morals and the church got in the way.

Well played.

trueakshat589359.jpg

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Ah, that baby is so cute. NOW TAKE HIS LIPS OFF THAT BEER MUG!
I think these 2 places, served them more than a sip. According to the articles, it was a full drink.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't like Applebee's anyway. Rush you in, rush you out. Food is marginal at best. Horrible place. The only worse place is Olive Garden where they actually believe that the dreck they serve up is authentic Italian. Apparently they have never been to the North End of Boston.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks