No fly zone in Libya

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Again, selective memories.

If it were not for the French, you'd still have a Queen.

But rest assured. The British force will do a great job, as they always do.

Libya is in "our sphere of influence" so we have to take care of it.

A bit like Haiti, which...er....you didn't.

Last edited:

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
If not for the Ghadaffiesque brits using mercenaries to fight their 'war' of oppression, because their military didnt want to get eaten by a bear in America, we might all be speaking their garble now. Lining up in rows like ducks in red tuxedos was not too bright against ol' terrorist bush fighter George also.

And Libya and Haiti are French F-ups, as I recall. Let them die in a war for the first time. Better bring plenty of wine to Haiti, and Kevlar jackets.

They sure know how to cook and build nuclear power, however.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I must admit that the American traitors did not fight like gentlemen.

If you'd been brave enough to fight at sea, also, the Royal Navy would have wiped you.

The East Coast does seem strangely familiar to me. Like a second home. Perhaps a birth right.

But back to Libya.

Let's hope we get there before it is not too late.

It looks like our French brothers have arrived.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cookie

Reaction score
France fires on Libyan military vehicle

Again, we had to lead the fight... why did you guys wait on us? Less than 2 hours... We will only be chastised for it later.

JAMEY KEATEN, Associated Press Jamey Keaten, Associated Press – Sat Mar 19, 1:23 pm ET

PARIS – A French fighter jet fired Saturday on a Libyan military vehicle, the first reported offensive action in a international military operation against Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi's forces, a French defense official said.

French Defense Ministry spokesman Thierry Burkhard says the strike happened at 1645 GMT Saturday.

Burkhard says the target was confirmed as a military vehicle, but it was not clear what kind. He said no hostile fire on the French jet has been reported.

It was the first reported offensive military action against Gadhafi's troops, since the U.N. Security Council approved a resolution on Thursday, authorizing operations to protect civilians in Libya.

France sent a dozen Mirage and Rafale jets Saturday to survey the one-time opposition stronghold of Benghazi and the 150 kilometer-by-100 kilometer no-fly zone, Burkhard said.

"All aircraft that enter into this zone could be shot down," he said.

The strike came less than two hours after top officials from the United States, Europe and the Arab world agreed in Paris to launch a risky military operation to protect civilians from attacks by Gadhafi's forces.

It also came after Libyan government troops forces attacked Benghazi earlier Saturday, apparently ignoring a proclaimed cease-fire.

The United States, Britain, France and 19 other participants in an emergency summit in Paris on Saturday "agreed to put in place all the means necessary, in particular military" to make Gadhafi respect a U.N. Security Council resolution Thursday demanding a cease-fire, French President Nicolas Sarkozy said.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Ian, I just heard this question on the news, (This week, ABC) " is Gadhafi capable of retaliating on US soil?" There you go...

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Don't be such a scare-d-cat. This is the guy that took down one of your planes over our soil (Pan Am).

This is not just a quiet dictator getting on with his business. He's a difficult character causing harm to civilians.

It's a sad day when the British have to teach the Americans about freedom.

But I've been saying it all along. We should never have left.

From one mad dog to another...

Ballvalve

Reaction score
Its a sad day when our CIA didnt hire a sharpshooter to kill him in his tent when he was just in New York city. No balls in the white house anymore.

Now suddenly he is the evil empire.

I pray America stays out of a war with no clear enemies at all and no practical objective.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I must admit that it was a lot easier in the good ol' days.

If they didn't like the Queen or were just a little bit too much into the Church for their own good, you just shot them.

Last edited:

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
I hope it goes ok

IAN

I hope that the french dont surrender before kadafi does..

I just hate the thought of having to go in and bail out everyone again....

with the USA provideing the logistcs and missles,
I think its a 50-50 chance for the French to win this
especially with the british along for the ride..

I hope if ground troops have go in ,
the french dont accidently shoot at the british.... LOL

Last edited:

Ballvalve

Reaction score
Do we get to say now that the French and Brits only 'want the oil' like we did in Iraq?

That's what the Libyan imbeciles will say a week after they bust up Gadaffys statues. And start shooting at the liberators.

Here come your IED's France! Enjoy! ..........C'est la Vie

Up until now the French only touched IUD's

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Me? A scare-d-cat? ( to be polite) You don't know me very well. It is a civil war which we don't need to participate in, we can't fight everyone's fights. If you and the French wanted to participate go for it! But, we deserve a break... Plus, when we wanted to go after him years ago, France didn't care much, not even enough to let us fly over their country. Why care now?

Don't be such a scare-d-cat. This is the guy that took down one of your planes over our soil (Pan Am).

This is not just a quiet dictator getting on with his business. He's a difficult character causing harm to civilians.

It's a sad day when the British have to teach the Americans about freedom.

But I've been saying it all along. We should never have left.

From one mad dog to another...

Master Plumber Mark

Reaction score
Website
Dont you just love the French.....

Ian....
I am getting a JOLLEY GOOD LAUGH watching this all go down on TV right now
you europeans are really entertaining........

The french and English quarreling over who is in charge, the germans and the Turks and Greeks wanting noting to do with it...... and yet it is supposed to be a NATO thing, or some sort half-assed of alliance????:p

It looks to me that they all have their thumbs up their asses and want the americans to take the lead........:p

Its just the same old game...
everyone wants the USA to wipe their butts for them
and con us into doing all the fighting for them... and spending our
nations wealth instead of seeing them go into the hole for a change.

not a one of them have the stomach or will to get into the thick of it,
even when its the oil that is really at stake here.....

they are all a bunch of in-decisesive pussies that cant get along.
I hope that the English finally man up and take the lead in this whole mess...

BEFORE the French surrender...or throw in the towell..:p:p

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
No. What they actually want is America out and Nato command in, including a coalition of Arab forces.

US involvement has so far involved some Americans firing missiles while sitting safely in boats well off-shore.

You've just got to salute the bravery of the American forces.

The French and the British are doing the real work. France took down a Libyan jet today.

Master Plumber Mark

Reaction score
Website
good move by OBAMA

I am with Obama on this one..... and I think he has made a fantastic decision
to let the OTHER MEMBERS OF NATO and or the UNITED NATIONS
take a turn and do for themselves...

they are all a bunch of cry-babies.... if Russia moves a missle a half mile
closer to their borders, they come crying to us wanting us to get the issue resolved....

Obama is forceing Nato to man up and do something for themselves....

I SAY GOOD FOR HIM.... anything is better than the USA always having to
hold everyones hand for the last 75 years....

The French piolit who shot down that jet will
probably become a national hero in France. Their
first actual hero since we bailed them out in Vietnam:p

anyway IAN....
its JOLLY GOOD great entertainment....its almost like watching
a 3 stooges film festivle on TV.

The Nato Allies and the United natioins in action...........

What will curley, larry and Moe
argue about next??? .:p:p

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I'd like to see American boots on the ground to protect the civilians.

They do not have any arms to fight back.

And the last time the US provided arms to rebels they turned them on the Americans a decade or so later (Afghanistan).

So let's get the American troops in. And if they have any trouble, we'll back them up with Special Forces.....British Forces, that is. But let's go in with the American "light" infantry first before we send in the heavies.

I am getting a bit worried that this military intervention may backfire however...

But I have finally worked out why America got its Independence. England needed an army and it is housed here. God Save the Queen.

Last edited:

Master Plumber Mark

Reaction score
Website
you are totally right about that

I'd like to see American boots on the ground to protect the civilians.

They do not have any arms to fight back.

And the last time the US provided arms to rebels they turned them on the Americans a decade or so later (Afghanistan).

So let's get the American troops in. And if they have any trouble, we'll back them up with Special Forces.....British Forces, that is. But let's go in with the American "light" infantry first before we send in the heavies.

I am getting a bit worried that this military intervention may backfire however...

But I have finally worked out why America got its Independence. England needed an army and it is housed here. God Save the Queen.

Yes, you are right.....
we have been doing Englands bidding for two world wars, we bailed out the French in indochina.....
and no one has ever paid back their war debt to us , and we have basically waived it all ....

but it appears that maybe this time others will have to be in the front lines ..... hey thats ok:cool:

wether it be the UN or Nato , I hope that they can somehow overcome their reluctance to be the leaders in this affair and get it over with quickly

Cookie

Reaction score
See, we are now shooting missles, but still is not good enough! Nothing we do is ever right, we still get talked about, it kind of reminds me of being back in high school and all the clicks. Now, you want our soldiers to put their boots on, gee whiz, they are being shined. Curly is shining them, lol.

P.s. America is out of TP.

Last edited:

Ballvalve

Reaction score
Actually, after thought, we have been paid back for the war debt by the world using our dollar as the standard and buying our trainloads of T-bills....

To fund our need for dolllar stores and Mcmansions and electronic debri. And tons of guns and military might. The proviso is that we have to do 99% of the killing in the world.

America is the worlds hit-man. Nothing personal!

Master Plumber Mark

Reaction score
Website
the worlds hit man

Actually, after thought, we have been paid back for the war debt by the world using our dollar as the standard and buying our trainloads of T-bills....

To fund our need for dolllar stores and Mcmansions and electronic debri. And tons of guns and military might. The proviso is that we have to do 99% of the killing in the world.

America is the worlds hit-man. Nothing personal!

that is about the truth... they wont pay back theri debt, so we
get to print out money like its going out of style and they have to accept it

as far as being the worlds hit man, we have been doing the bidding of a few countries in the middle east for too long a time....

anything new in the war in Lybia today....?????

have the french thrown in the towell yet????.

Pipehacker

Reaction score
I must admit that the American traitors did not fight like gentlemen.

If you'd been brave enough to fight at sea, also, the Royal Navy would have wiped you.

The East Coast does seem strangely familiar to me. Like a second home. Perhaps a birth right.

I just got back from Washington DC and wandered through the Smithsonian Museum of American History. I saw the Philadelphia for the first time, which was a wooden Revolutionary War battleship sunk by the British with a lucky canon shot. No one could ever challenge the courage of someone who went to battle on such a small ship. That battle was one by the British, but I seem to remember that the war was not.
Regarding Libya, my concern is that we are not going to be able to find an ending point without killing Khadaffi and that if we do that we may end up with someone much worse. As I see Khadaffi, most people tolerate him, he is very expensive to have around, and he does little that is good or bad. Quite similar to Prince Charles. Regarding Great Britain, the only product of value it seems to produce is extremely suitable future spouses for future kings. The present proposed future royal spouse is certainly worth driving on the wong side of the road for and it is unfortunate that her DNA will likely be diluted with the DNA which has resulted from five generations of royal cousins marrying each other. She would be better served with a good mixed blooded American stallion.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks