No water out of faucets?

Users who are viewing this thread

the newcomer

Reaction score
Hello all, I am new her so I hope I make the right impression. I know nothing!!! No I'm joking, But I am a little lost here. I am on a well. Electric heater. Bladder tank. I needed to clean my salt reservoir and in doing so, I turn off the power to both the pump and heater. Drain the bladder, but the heater gave me problems. It wasn't flowing much at all. So I pulled on the release valve and to my surprise, water came gushing out of the bottom.
I drain both tanks clean, and turn back my water pump, filled the bladder, then slowly opened the valve for the heater and she filled up nicely. Turned my heater power on. Now the final test... I go to turn on the faucet, nothing but a bit of water a gushing air. Cold water came out but very low pressure til there was nothing. Now I get nothing out of either faucets and theres water in the tanks. I am sure it's something I didn't do right but not sure. I didn't open a hot water faucet while draining the tanks. That I think may have been the issue. But now what do I do? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a million.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Well, hopefully, you turned the power off to the heater before you drained it, or else, you'll need to replace the heating elements, since they would very quickly burn out with no water around them to transfer it to. Did the pump come back on? When you say salt reservoir, are you talking a water softener? Draining things might have flushed stuff through the softener and plugged things up. You might try removing the aerators on the faucets and see if the water flows then. The softener might need some servicing if you've flushed all of the resin out and disrupted the gravel bed (if it has one). the toilet fill valves might be a pain to clean out, and for their cost, might be just easier to replace, if this is the situation. See what one of the pros has to say...

the newcomer

Reaction score
No, I didn't disrupt the resin tank at all, and there's water in the heater and bladder but nothingis coming out of the faucets. I have no clue? The pressure cut of is at 65. Just a little bit of air comes out then stops, with no water? Please help.

Hairyhosebib

Reaction score
Does your tub faucet work? Try removing the aerator from the faucets to see if they are all plugged with junk.

the newcomer

Reaction score
No it's not that for sure. I'm on a well and tried t do the annual cleanup. And in refilling the bladder tank, I slowly release the valve and the water then goes through the softener, the ultraviolet light, then either to the faucet or hot water tank. But the hot water tank seems to be letting a little bit of water in at a time. Almost like a pressure problem.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Water won't fill things until you open a faucet...open both hot and cold and let the water push the air out. Again, if the WH was turned on before it was filled with water (and it won't flow in there until you open a faucet to let out the trapped air), you've burned out the heating elements.

Reaction score
OK, have you opened and left open the faucet on the hot side to allow trapped air out of the water heater and allow new incoming cold water to fill it?

the newcomer

Reaction score
I did but nothing seems to be getting the water much passed the HW tank. I think there's a pressure issue.

the newcomer

Reaction score
There's water in the bladder, 65 psi worth, it flows through the ultra violet but slowly if at all gets into the HW tank. So I've been waiting for it to fill, taps we're open but nothing really is coming out, sound or water. I'm lost. If there's pressure in the bladder tank, why can't it push throught the faucets?

Reaction score
What I am getting at is to figure out where the obstruction is at. If you have cold pressure, and not hot, it can narrow the focus. If you did not turn off the water to the water heater via the valve above the tank, that can also narrow the focus.

the newcomer

Reaction score
I have no pressure in the faucets, but in the bladder I do, and seems to be getting in the HW tank but slowly and then nothing is coming up to the faucets.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks