Aquafine Aqua2

Users who are viewing this thread

Lee-Anne

Reaction score
Our unit, the Aquafine Aqua2, has just stopped working. The unit was installed by the people who used to own this house so we dont have a manual. Can you please tell me where I could find a manual or who looks at these units? Thanks

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Not ringing any bells right now, might you have a photo?
The control might be one that a number of us know about, but the name is not ringing any bells for me ..

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
A quick google shows them as UV filters, is that what you are talking about? If so, the ballast will occasionally burn out and need to be replaced, but other than that we are going to need a bit more infor to proceed.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
A photo of the unit in question will answer alot... and then and only then can we get down to figuring out what is going on.

Hair cut over the web any one?

pmallet

Reaction score
A very common problem is a clogged injector. Assuming the timer is running normally and your water softener is using salt at a normal rate, the first thing to check is the injector screen. The owner's manual (see link above) has simple instructions explaining how to disassemble and clean the injector.

If your injector is clean and your water is still hard, then the problem could be the resin beads. Resin beads typically last 10-20 years, but they can get coated with rust and gunk and stop working earlier. Before replacing the resin, consider running some resin cleaner (such as Iron-Out) through your water softener. Follow the manufacturer's directions and mix with the recommended amount of water before pouring it into the brine well. It that does not help, replace the resin (you can DIY for about $100).

The control valve piston can also wear out. If your control valve leaks or the unit gets stuck mid-way through the regeneration cycle, you should replace the seals and piston. Rebuild kits for the control valve used in this unit are still readily available (you can DIY for $50 to $75 worth of parts).

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Awhile back the answer was the 5600 from fleck..
There was a valve that was like the 5600 from fleck but there was some changes, it was like the control face was put on a 45degree angle or such.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks