Ran over the well cap, reconnected wires no water pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

ronivw

Reaction score
Ran over the well cap this afternoon collecting leaves. The electrical wire got cut and I have reconnected it. The well cap is in the trash and I have not replaced it yet. Used the water for a couple hours, flushing the toilet, drinking water. Water pressure started to drop when I took a shower. When I first checked the gauge I was getting 20 psi, now the pressure is at zero and will not build. Any ideas what to check. Supposed to ran like crazy tomorrow.

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
Current is what moves motors. Check the current draw with a clamp-on ammeter.

I can't seem to pull it up right now but there is a table in the NEC possibly numbered 400 something that gives max. current draw for several types of motors.

Last edited:

ronivw

Reaction score
Re- did the wiring, and water is getting to the pressure tank, I replaced the pressure switch but it does not build pressure? It does not seem to be turning on or off. There 220v going into the switch and 220v out. Any ideas?

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Re- did the wiring, and water is getting to the pressure tank, I replaced the pressure switch but it does not build pressure? It does not seem to be turning on or off. There 220v going into the switch and 220v out. Any ideas?
Since redoing the wire connections out at the well, and now you have water again but not enough pressure to shut off the switch, you probably have a water leak.

Or you don't have the wires connected right and aren't getting 220v to the pump and it's running on 120v. You can use a meter and sharp pointed probes on the wires below your connections for 120v each to ground.

Listen inside the well casing for water spraying. If so and you have a pitless adapter, you may have damaged the o-ring seal of the pitless or bumped the casing so the o-ring is not sealed. Or, you bumped the casing enough to cause a leak underground just outside the casing where the water line to the house attaches to the pitless part that comes out through the casing. My guess would be that the voltage isn't 220 to the pump.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks