Kenmore Intellisoft 350 problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Mimo

Reaction score
Folks,

This was working fine up until a month or so ago. The low salt level indicator came on and the softner hasn't been working since.

I refilled the unit with salt and tried to reset the low salt level and light. Doesn't allow me to. Just beeps. Tried to manually regenerate. Wont let me. Button doesn't do anything.

I can change the other settings (regen time, hardness level, etc), but nothing else. I don't believe it's auto-regenerating either. The salt has remained at one level for a few weeks now.

Any ideas?

Skip Wolverton

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.servicemagic.com
Folks,

This was working fine up until a month or so ago. The low salt level indicator came on and the softner hasn't been working since.

I refilled the unit with salt and tried to reset the low salt level and light. Doesn't allow me to. Just beeps. Tried to manually regenerate. Wont let me. Button doesn't do anything.

I can change the other settings (regen time, hardness level, etc), but nothing else. I don't believe it's auto-regenerating either. The salt has remained at one level for a few weeks now.

Any ideas?
Push and hold the regen button. Does it advance into a cycle? If not, push and hold the select button for 4 sec, then push and hold it again. This should put you into the secondary mode. There you can scroll to the screen with 3 000. Once there, push the regen button. Does the unit advance into a cycle?

Mimo

Reaction score
Push and hold the regen button. Does it advance into a cycle? If not, push and hold the select button for 4 sec, then push and hold it again. This should put you into the secondary mode. There you can scroll to the screen with 3 000. Once there, push the regen button. Does the unit advance into a cycle?

Got here, but does not advance to regen.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
So doing a regen now would NOT turn the motor? the Motor would not run?
If you push regen now and the control face changes then that part is working but if the motor is not turning then I would say that the motor is gone.. cheap motors..
If it is under a year you might be able to get it under warranty..

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Have a 24 volt trans former around to try a jump on the motor?
Or might you have some small jumpers to go from the in line of power to and go straight to the motor ?

I am betting on the motor is shot...

Mimo

Reaction score
I'll take another look to see if I get the error code.

Other than that, i do not have the equipment or know-how to perform a jump on the motor.

Is there anyway, via diagnostic mode, to tell how many times this thing has regerated or cycled? It's practically brand new. Out of warranty but under utilized until about 4 months ago.

Skip Wolverton

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.servicemagic.com
I'll take another look to see if I get the error code.

Other than that, i do not have the equipment or know-how to perform a jump on the motor.

Is there anyway, via diagnostic mode, to tell how many times this thing has regerated or cycled? It's practically brand new. Out of warranty but under utilized until about 4 months ago.
These models do not show the amount of regen or days since install. You can buy a multi meter at Lowes or Home Depot for $11.00 +/-.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks