Danze 5020-57, Can someone ID this valve and help me fix it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Jed1154

Reaction score
Here is the valve:

danze-valve-a1.jpg

The diverter portion on the bottom, as you can see from the color, is leaking. It leaks when the hose is turned on and it leaks into the wall, which shows up in the toilet area on the other side.

What valve is this and what part do I need to replace? It looks like it leaks where it threads into the valve and also around the part that 'turns'.

Can someone help me out?

Last edited by a moderator:

Winslow

Plumber
Reaction score
Looks like a Toto TSPVR, have to do some research for parts.

Jed1154

Reaction score
OK...thanks a ton. I was not aware my shower had any temperature limiter on it??

One more thing. I found a 'manual' for a Danze 5020-57 that has drawings that look very similar to mine.

Is there any chance it could be a Danze?

Last edited:

Winslow

Plumber
Reaction score
OK...thanks a ton. I was not aware my shower had any temperature limiter on it??

One more thing. I found a 'manual' for a Danze 5020-57 that has drawings that look very similar to mine.

Is there any chance it could be a Danze?

Dan

Danze is made by Delta. I believe their balancing spool is located in the shower cartride. The picture of you're valve shows the balancing spool in the valve body. It is the hex shaped bolt head located next to the screwdriver stop in the picture. Where did you "find" the manual? How many baths do you have in you're house. Danze is the high end Delta line of fixtures. Can you post a picture of the handle and trims?

Jed1154

Reaction score
I 'found' the manual in my attic with all sorts of extra parts and such. See, my home was built by the owner/builder, and all parts were purchased beforehand so they would be available as they completed the home. As such, I have fixtures, sinks, plumbing, electrical...all sorts of stuff in boxes and this happened to be an open box with a manual in it. I have three full baths, but only two are completed...the master and the guest bath.

Thats where I found the manual. Is there a way to tell for sure? I need to get it repaired as its the master bath.

Jed1154

Reaction score
No secret, its listed in my second post. A Danze 5020-57...but I am not SURE its for the one in my master bath...thats my point. It is likely a manual for the one in the master OR guest, but I am not sure which. Thats why i asked.

EDIT: I sent the picture to TOTO and Danze....I just got an email that Globe Union is shipping me the diverter assembly and o-rings....so, I guess that answers my question. It must be a Danze.

Am I to understand (as per reading this site) that Danze is High end cost and low end quality?

The unit is probably about 10 years old. What sucks is that I don't know its leaking until it comes through the bathroom tile grout on the other side of the wall.

Last edited:

Jed1154

Reaction score
Also....both Toto AND Danze have replied to my emails and pictures and claimed it to be their product.

Wierd. Toto wanted to charge me for the diverter, Danze just shipped me a new part. I guess Ill wait for the danze part and see if thats it or not.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you showed the trim, that may help as well. From the pieces I've seen, Toto usually has their name on the trim somewhere, which may also may shed light.

Jed1154

Reaction score
I should have photo'ed the trim, but I assure you, there are no markings for brand anywhere on it. The only markings are 'tub/shower' and 'hot/cold'....

Jed1154

Reaction score
Since someone asked me about this valve and I was selfish enough to not follow this post up, here is what I know about the valve:

Mine is a Danze 5020-57 valve. TOTO apparently has a very similar valve. Toto wrote back and identified it as their valve. However, Danze sent me a free diverter valve and it went in without any issue, plus I have Danze literature around here.

Here is what they sent for my leaking diverter:

Part Number Qty Part Name
A072002 2.0 O-RING(?16*?2),NBR
A101000N 2.0 SEAT,?11.4*?5*6.3L?11.6,EPDM/CY-E38012-A
A005000 2.0 SPRING,D9.8*d1*D8*7H,SUS304
A607223 1.0 DIVERTER ASSEMBLY

Tech Services
GlobeUnion North America
TEL: 888-648-6466

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks