Fleck 2510sxt settings for efficient potassium chloride use?

Users who are viewing this thread

chargedmr2

Reaction score
I've just finished installing my 2510SXT and need to get the programming set up for efficient potassium chloride use.

Total Hardness = 11
No Iron (city water)
Two adults
1.5 cu ft system
BLFC = .5gpm

What should I set the following parameters to?

Unit Capacity
Safety Factor
Day Override
Backwash
Brine Draw
Rapid Rinse
Brine Fill

Also, does anyone know what setting I should use for valve type? The default setting is Df1b, but the manual makes no mention of this specific selection. The closest setting in the manual seems to be St1b (Standard downflow/uplow, single backwash), but again, the default setting (df1b) is not described or mentioned anywhere.

Thanks for your help!

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
I've just finished installing my 2510SXT and need to get the programming set up for efficient potassium chloride use.

Total Hardness = 11
No Iron (city water)
Two adults
1.5 cu ft system
BLFC = .5gpm

What should I set the following parameters to?

Unit Capacity
Safety Factor
Day Override
Backwash
Brine Draw
Rapid Rinse
Brine Fill

Also, does anyone know what setting I should use for valve type? The default setting is Df1b, but the manual makes no mention of this specific selection. The closest setting in the manual seems to be St1b (Standard downflow/uplow, single backwash), but again, the default setting (df1b) is not described or mentioned anywhere.

Thanks for your help!

Not sure about the df1b thing, just programed on the other day for the twin set up ... did not see a df1b but that might be the st1b if the read out is a little off..
What display format do you have it in?

With 9 lbs the unit would have a capacity of 29000 because of the potassium usage.
Gallons would be 2600 or 2 people(60(gallons per day)*2(per person in house) ) at 120 gallons per day would be 21 days.. or you could move the default days to say 19.
Safety Factor or Fixed Reserve , either way works but you should have at least a days usage either way.

Backwash 14minutes
Brine Draw 50 minutes
Rapid Rinse 6 minutes
Brine Fill 6 minutes (6*.5gpm=3gallons , 1gallon per 3lbs)

Now the numbers above are what I would be doing based on 20 years of what has worked here where I am and I think that the numbers are close to that of a friend that lives just west of Dallas ..

chargedmr2

Reaction score
Should I be concerned at all about the longevity of the resin if I wait that long to regen?

We could have gone with a lower capacity system, but I didn't want to limit the flow rate too much, thus the 1.5 cuft.

Can I reduce the capacity further and use less potassium chloride (than the 9lbs recommended) to regen more often?

Also, would I leave the Backwash, Brine Draw, and Rapid Rinse settings the same if I adjusted the Brine Fill down to use less potassium chloride?

Thanks for your help, and by the way, we are about 3 hrs south of Dallas in the small town of Huntsville--not sure if the water is much different down here or not.

Last edited:

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Should I be concerned at all about the longevity of the resin if I wait that long to regen?

We could have gone with a lower capacity system, but I didn't want to limit the flow rate too much, thus the 1.5 cuft.

Can I reduce the capacity further and use less potassium chloride (than the 9lbs recommended) to regen more often?

Also, would I leave the Backwash, Brine Draw, and Rapid Rinse settings the same if I adjusted the Brine Fill down to use less potassium chloride?

Thanks for your help, and by the way, we are about 2 hrs south of Dallas in the small town of Huntsville--not sure if the water is much different down here or not.

It is good to use the 1.5 if you have a large house, 2 bath and say 3 bedrooms... for down the road when you sell the place it has a system for the new family..

One thing to keep in mind is that potassium is not the same as regualar salt.. it is a bit lighter.. so 6 lbs of salt will do 20k on a 1.0 cubic the same potassium will do about 17k with same 1.0 cubic.

You could run about 6 lbs of the potassuim and say 17k on the cap of the unit.. with the default at 12 days and see how that works out.

Even if you set it up with 9lbs and the default at 15 days that is on average 18lbs per month or 1/2 of the 40 lbs bag per month.

The friend of mine was about 30 minutes from the Dallas airport...

chargedmr2

Reaction score
Well, for now I set it up using 9lbs of KCl and set the default override to 15 days. I guess I'm sacrificing efficiency for a higher flow rate, but the cost isn't too terribly high as you pointed out and I certainly shouldn't be getting any hard water in the system anytime soon.

With regard to my earlier question about the VT (valve type) setting: what did you mean when you asked what display format I had the display in? I just entered the Master Programming Mode and when I got to the VT setting the df 1b was displayed. Does this stand for downflow single backwash? I'm still confused as to why my valve appears different than what other 2510sxt valves display.

Related to the above question, should I use the single backwash or double backwash feature? Is there an advantage to the latter?

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Well, for now I set it up using 9lbs of KCl and set the default override to 15 days. I guess I'm sacrificing efficiency for a higher flow rate, but the cost isn't too terribly high as you pointed out and I certainly shouldn't be getting any hard water in the system anytime soon.

With regard to my earlier question about the VT (valve type) setting: what did you mean when you asked what display format I had the display in? I just entered the Master Programming Mode and when I got to the VT setting the df 1b was displayed. Does this stand for downflow single backwash? I'm still confused as to why my valve appears different than what other 2510sxt valves display.

Related to the above question, should I use the single backwash or double backwash feature? Is there an advantage to the latter?

Display format is either in gallons or liters or even cubic meters... you are looking for the gallons.
With it in the gallons then you would be looking for St1b , standard down flow single backwash, note that the double back wash would be really helpfull if there was Iron in the water..

I will check with one of my suppliers tomorrow to see if there is a different one out there.. I am wondering if you got one that was to go to another country....

chargedmr2

Reaction score
I just double checked again and the display format is in gallons. The VT options are:

dF1b
dF2b
Fltr
UFbd (also not mentioned in the manual--closest setting mentioned is UFbF)
Othr

Do you think it is safe to assume that the dF1B option is the correct one to use? Thanks for checking into this--I'll be curious to know what your supplier says.

Bob999

Reporter
Reaction score
It appears that Fleck has changed the codes and they are not reflected in the most recently posted manuals.

My guess is that dF1b stands for down flow 1 backwash and is the correct selection for your application.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks