Aquapure softener

Users who are viewing this thread

606zpx

Reaction score
I spoke to Mr. Slusser and he is not very fired up about selling a valve that he is not 100% behind which I am grateful for his honesty on this issue.

Was hoping to still get into a clack. Found out Ferguson supply locally sells Aquapure softeners with the Clack CS valve (I called the company to make sure CS not EE). They will sell direct to customer...my plumbing is pretty much in place now. Waiting on price.

See link: http://aquapure.com/apspecs/LITAP880CWS.pdf

The following is another series they have but I am not certain the valve type on top.
http://aquapure.com/apspecs/litap8430405.pdf

606zpx

Reaction score
The price on the CWS100ME (1 cuft) is $730 which is not terrible considering this is a retail outlet.

606zpx

Reaction score
Commentary:
1. The product seems to be pretty sound and the customer support is definitely there. It does not hurt that this is a 3m company. I have called twice to get some information and had a very friendly tech person on the phone within a minute or two. The cws series has the clack cs valve, some kind of turbulator type tube in the tank, and overflow protection in the brine tank. I forgot to ask what kind of resin they use.

2. Aquapure does not mind sales direct to consumer (as opposed to plumber only). Their warranty is also still good in this case. It is also clear that they help after the sale and seem quite knowledgeable.

3. Looks like I will end up paying about a $100 premium to buy local, which of course is the only option with Clack now.

4. Clack's customer service seems to be lacking. I called their main number and option 3 was to leave a message, but when you choose option 3 it states is an invalid choice. I sent a message to them using their online form and no response. I basically wanted to know where to buy their product. Seems to me that their product is sound but they are behind with customer service.

Anyways, I guess I am going to go with the Aquapure.....anybody looking at this thread see anything about the Aquapure that is not good (i.e. any reason not to buy)???

606zpx

Reaction score
Is that a direct number for someone at Clack.....if so I am probably not expending more effort contacting them directly since I have now found a local OEM supplier

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
You are giving out someone elses phone number and extension? Real class there.
I'm thinkin' you're not very good at this stuff so you agitate and get personal.

That name and number is copied from a public forum but yes, that's someone's phone number that should be able to tell the OP where he could buy equipment with a Clack control valve, or get service and parts for one.

Do you have a better phone number to someone other than Bob Bishop, Clack's National Sales Manager? He is in the second position/level below the owner of the company; Richard Clack so I don't think you have a better number. I have a couple regional sales managers' numbers, do you think they would be okay? They'd be more'n a bit too local huh. And what do they know about national distribution and such but, they'd probably have to talk with their boss, Bob Bishop, National Sales Manager, don't ya think? That would just waste the caller's time and the regional managers' time too. Bob Bishop's time too 'cuz he'd have to talk to them to get them to tell the callers to call him. You get that right? Or not.

NHmaster3015

Master Plumber
Reaction score
The only reason for you to give out that number is because you are pissed off at Clack and Bob Bishop. The "getting personal" thing is all about you. You know damn well that having the OP call Bishop is a waste of time. And, just to be clear, I don't give a crap what you think.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
The only reason for you to give out that number is because you are pissed off at Clack and Bob Bishop.
Really? I'm sure you think so but I'm not. And haven't been. You think that even though I knew for the last 5 yrs that us internet dealers were on borrowed time and the ax could fall any minute..... LOL It would be dumb and a total waste of time and increase my stress level to be pissed about it.

The way I see it is that it was one hellova profitable and fun ride as long as it lasted. And I really enjoyed the debate with them although they didn't listen to anything I said except they changed their decision to not allow us dealers to sell parts to the existing customers as soon as I mentioned those customers would be pissed to find out they were orphaned by Clack's decision. The very next morning they reversed that decision and Bishop mentioned calling him if there were problems or questions.

The "getting personal" thing is all about you. You know damn well that having the OP call Bishop is a waste of time. And, just to be clear, I don't give a crap what you think.
Yes you only get personal with me, so yes, it is personal and about me. No I don't know that calling Bishop is a waste of time, and you don't know it would be a waste of time either.

And yes you give a crap what I think or you wouldn't be getting personal with me and off topic in most of your posts in this forum and everywhere else I post; and you get yourself all emotional'n and end up with your chubby cheeks all red'n such. While I laugh and share your ratings with my wife and we smile a lot. We smile at Clack a lot too.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
As long as you are happy
Well now that I'm out of business for at least a few months, and probably forever as far as water treatment is concerned, I'm more than a bit happier. I finally don't have to spend hours a day on the phone and I can do other things. We REALLY smile about that!

Question for you, my web site registration is up for renewal mid Sept.. If I don't pay to renew it, the site disappears. Do you suppose I should kill it or pay the like $80 a year to renew it for another year for the public to use although I don't make any money off it?

I ask because I know it's all about a buck with you because you say; No Ma'am, I do not do free estimates.

NHmaster3015

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Well, if you are truly happy about getting out of the business then I suppose that dropping the site might be the thing to do. However, even though you can't keep selling clack equipment is not a reason to dump the whole thing. You could sell fleck and continue with other filtration and treatment products. I spose in the end it all depends on your financial situation.

Incidentally, the free estimates thing is an inside joke.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks