Technetic 1000

Users who are viewing this thread

dalp

Reaction score
technetic programing

the 9900 that you see should be 9999 which displays after you have set the time of day or salt dose or hardness.
did the 9900 ( or 9999 ) remain on the display or does it show another value?
If it still shows 9999 on the display it will not countdown until you have used up enough water to drop it below 9999.

Steve1

Reaction score
Technetic 1000 Programming

Dalp,

The 9900 shows up when I press the time and enter buttons together for 5 seconds. It stays on the screen until I unplug and replug the unit back in to get out of this programming mode, as I have yet to figure out how to exit this mode. Once I plug the unit back it, it goes back to the messed up clock display. The gallons remaining doesn't decrement either.

Steve.

dalp

Reaction score
i messed around with my control and got the 9900 to come up. i kept pushing buttons and could put up any number on the screen that i wanted but only after the numbers went through some ` weird shapes ` . i unplugged it and it went back to the clock when plugged in with 2 dots...one for pm and one above the minutes. I wonder if that ` menu` is for sizing the control to the tank when it is built.
Do you have the info for setting your hardness an salt an time ?

dalp

Reaction score
i have tried changing numbers in this weird mode and think i have it totally messed up, and i havent found a way out of the mode yet other than unplugging it an plugging it back in. After doing that it goes back to the clock with no problem. Mine will count down with no problem although i am starting to have a problem with it stalling occasionally in the backwash mode.
have you tried manually regenerating or test regenerating to see if it affects the control?

Steve1

Reaction score
i have tried changing numbers in this weird mode and think i have it totally messed up, and i havent found a way out of the mode yet other than unplugging it an plugging it back in. After doing that it goes back to the clock with no problem. Mine will count down with no problem although i am starting to have a problem with it stalling occasionally in the backwash mode.
have you tried manually regenerating or test regenerating to see if it affects the control?

I have tried regenerating manually and the gallons remaining just displays 1697 without counting down. It manually regenerates without stalling however. When you exited the programming mode, did your display have the 9999 showing or was it 9900 like mine? There has to be something to do in that mode to get it back into automatic countdown. I think that is where my problem lies if only this mode was a bit more descriptive rather than weird characters I would be able to stumble around there and correct the problem. I mean we can't even figure out how to exit the mode, which leads me to believe that there is a sequential procedure that has to be followed the unit will probably exit this mode automatically and restart.

nbpetri

Reaction score
Technetic 1000 revisitied

We have a running T-1000 unit from 1995 and seems to be working OK, in my mind. The local co came by and suggested that the ion exchange was less efficient now and that we should get the new Avantapure system, another $2k.
50% less salt via a 'counter current regeneration process???
Supposedly too that the proportional brining is more efficient today.
The T-1000 also had proportional brining.

I am not convinced we have a problem. Do you think there is technology advancement with controls that might apply or be worth considering?
Do these ion exchange units need to be changed after 15 years or is it better to simply upgrade the system with something new?

Thanks for your help Nick P- MA

NHmaster3015

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Tough call. Depends on if you can do the resin change or have to have it done. It will be less expensive than changing out the whole unit but on the other hand, if your luck runs like mine does the unit will crap out 6 months after you sink a grand into it.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
We have a running T-1000 unit from 1995 and seems to be working OK, in my mind. The local co came by and suggested that the ion exchange was less efficient now and that we should get the new Avantapure system, another $2k.
50% less salt via a 'counter current regeneration process???
Supposedly too that the proportional brining is more efficient today.
The T-1000 also had proportional brining.

I am not convinced we have a problem. Do you think there is technology advancement with controls that might apply or be worth considering?
Do these ion exchange units need to be changed after 15 years or is it better to simply upgrade the system with something new?

Thanks for your help Nick P- MA
Unless they fully regenerated the resin bed and then found hardness getting through the bed, you don't need a new softener or resin. They are just trying to sell new equipment.

The Avantapure (269 valve and 263i IIRC timer) has the same features as the 1000 although it is an industry standard type of control valve where the 1000 was a unique design. Resin should not be replace on a time basis, only when it is not capable of removing all the hardness.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks