Brine Tank Safety float setting

Users who are viewing this thread

farmboy101

Reaction score
I am curious to know if the lower o ring needs to be set somewhere on the shaft. The upper one needs to be set so its just below the overflow fitting but the lower one was set on the bottom of the shaft. The float moves up and down freely but should the float rest at the bottom of the shaft and rise up and down with the water level or should it be set higher up so it only hits the top o ring in the event of a malfunction?? Brine Float 002.jpgBrine Float 003.jpgBrine Float 001.jpgBrine Float 004.jpg

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Shoot the thing now before the headaches start....

When I come across this kind of float assembly I put in a request to change it out with the 2310 safety float assembly as I have had next to no problems that 2310 plastic or brass.
Yes brass fell to the salt air but out side of that challenge .. no problems.

The one that you have has in my view to many things to go wrong and be a real pain ...

farmboy101

Reaction score
Shoot the thing now before the headaches start....

When I come across this kind of float assembly I put in a request to change it out with the 2310 safety float assembly as I have had next to no problems that 2310 plastic or brass.
Yes brass fell to the salt air but out side of that challenge .. no problems.

The one that you have has in my view to many things to go wrong and be a real pain ...

Curious to know what part is crap? All of it ? :confused:

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
The bottom part has its challenges, some times not seating right. If there is some salt or any thing else that gets in and around that rubber disk that can cause it not to work right.
The float rod can be a challenge, if there is a problem with it not filling trying to push down on the whole assembly could break the rod as it is of a plastic ..
It is much like the cheap Sears GE softener float... if any thing goes wrong they have made it cheaper to replace than fix.

farmboy101

Reaction score
OK, I will look for a 2310 but will have to use this until then. I thought it was kinda frail looking when I took it out. Thanks

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
There is a site that we all know that people buy and sell.....

is a lead as to the type that I am talking about.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
That name is kind of like the Dark Lord who's name we do not speak of..... :D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks