Aluminum Gutters

Users who are viewing this thread

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I need to replace my gutters. Seamless aluminum seem to be the way to go but I'm not sure how to handle a 50' long gutter on my ranch-style home.

I can see some some benefit to splitting it in the middle and having a downspout on each end of the house. In that case I'm left wondering how does one do the transition at the center where the gutter pitches in opposite directions? And what are good ways to handle 25' of gutter (or more) with just one helper?

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
We have a couple of area lumberyards that make them and then will deliver to the job site.

I was thinking of putting together 2 sticks of 3" pvc to tape into the gutter for support while handling. Still not sure about the transition.

Last edited:

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
I bet the cost of having the lumberyard making them up then delivering them, would be close to the same price as having them made on site and installed by a gutter contractor.

John

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
I need to replace my gutters. Seamless aluminum seem to be the way to go but I'm not sure how to handle a 50' long gutter on my ranch-style home.

I can see some some benefit to splitting it in the middle and having a downspout on each end of the house. In that case I'm left wondering how does one do the transition at the center where the gutter pitches in opposite directions? And what are good ways to handle 25' of gutter (or more) with just one helper?

Two separate gutters is the way to go separate g down spouts (leaders) on opposite sides Pitch from the middle to each end
Just but the ends tight as possible together and use silicon or other good sealant

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks