Cell Phone Reviews and comments

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I'm shopping for a new phone, and was wondering what others like and what they are using.
What type of things should I be looking for?

jay_wat

Plumber
Reaction score
what are you looking for the phone to do??

i had a blackberry,,and just upgraded to an Android,,and i myself like all the features that comes with it. my wife just got a regular phone to talk and text,, they have so many differnt phones,,just depends what you like the phone to do.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Boy, am I the wrong one to give advice on that score! My previous phone hung on the wall and had a crank on the side! Now I have this ultra-modern doozy! Yes, that is JB Weld holding the antenna together. I use Tracfone prepaid, love it, and this phone is close to 10 years old. Still works, so why would I get rid of it???

DSCN0381.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
In my experience, LG makes some fancy phones, but from what I have read and experienced, their phones tend to be glitchy and easily breakable. However Samsung makes some very nice phones that seem to be pretty solid...I've never had a problem with any of their phones that I have owned...or any of their electronics actually. Generally I prefer slider phones to other types, although some of the touch screen models are nice.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A friend of mine just got the Android.
She loves it.
I will have to ask her how it does on picture taking. It's a 5.0 so at least it gets a lot of pixel informaton.

I have been using an LG8100 which seems very slow by comparison.
It has a touch screen, but things like web viewing are too small and too slow. It just frustrated me more then anything.
Pictures seemed too small. I would have loved to be able to take pictures for the web site from a camera phone. It would be so handy.
Alas, the pictures were too small on the LG.
It was 2.0 which should have been fine, but never really gave me a usable picture.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I have never owned a mobile phone with a built in camera. I'm like Jimbo and choose to carry a brick.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
What carrier are you on?
I have an HTC Touch, the screen is large enough to be useful but I found that I don't like a "virtual" keyboard. I'm looking to get a full screen touch phone with a slide out keyboard.

Sprint will be releasing a new HTC phone with an 8 megapixel camera on it, takes hi-def video and has an HDMI port. I would look at that for myself except for the fact that I like to get my phones either super cheap or free through sprint's upgrade process and that phone doesn't have a slideout keyboard. Sprints 4G network will make online signifigantly faster.

Current phone:
sprint_htc_touch.jpg

Maddog

Engineer
Reaction score
My brother just got a Droid and says the camera is very good - better than his digital camera. Don't know the specs (pixels) on it though ... I'm like the other dinosaurs - have an old flip-phone with an antenna (which shows how old it is).

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
What carrier are you on?

Carrier? Don't make me laugh. I use pay as you go.

$100 lasts me a year. That works out at about $8 a month.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Carrier? Don't make me laugh. I use pay as you go.

$100 lasts me a year. That works out at about $8 a month.

I use my phone too much. I don't text a whole lot but I talk and use the internet several times daily. Having the internet has saved me quite a few hassles and I also log onto pandora for music when I take my daughter for walks. I also can hood the phone up to the car stereo for internet radio on trips.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
I-Phone. I will have one in the next 2 months with 4G.

I've seen it in operation and it's capabilities....I think every other phone company has tried to copy its value and can't.

Just be aware the with the Iphone you need a "minimum" data plan. The monthly bill will run between $115-130/month, the data is not unlimited and unless they changed things you cannot get insurance on an Iphone.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks