Sanigloss and in-tank or "flushable" cleaners....

Users who are viewing this thread

Chrisexv6

Reaction score
Now that our Soiree is up and running, I have a question about the sanigloss coating....there are a few warnings about not using harsh chemicals to clean the bowl so as not to damage the coating.

My question is whats considered harsh? We've been using the flushable Scrubbing Bubbles cleaners (kinda like heavy duty toilet paper with the blue chemical stuff built in, once you are done with it pop it off into the bowl and flush away). Is that now too harsh?

I also noticed someone mentioned a Flushmaster in-tank cleaner that adds chlorine to the water in the bowl....too harsh or no?

Just trying to get an idea of if we need to replace our normal cleaning procedures now that we have the sanigloss toilet (our 2nd bathroom has a Drake but no Sanigloss)

Thanks in advance.

-Chris

jeffdt

Reaction score
Just ordered mine this morning, would be interested to see the answers. I'll call Toto and see what they say.

jeffdt

Reaction score
Okay, Heather with Toto's customer service told me any liquid or gel type cleaners typically available at the grocery stores are fine. Also said fluidmasters in tank bleach dispenser is fine as well. No powdered, granulated cleaners, acids, ect.

Jeff

Chrisexv6

Reaction score
Okay, Heather with Toto's customer service told me any liquid or gel type cleaners typically available at the grocery stores are fine. Also said fluidmasters in tank bleach dispenser is fine as well. No powdered, granulated cleaners, acids, ect.

Jeff

Excellent, thanks for the info.

Those flushable wipe things sure are handy! Would hate to not be able to use them.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
In tank cleaners have always been a no no because the chemicals destroy flappers and flush valves. Perhaps you meant in bowl cleaners?

Chrisexv6

Reaction score
In tank cleaners have always been a no no because the chemicals destroy flappers and flush valves. Perhaps you meant in bowl cleaners?

You're correct....I called it in-tank because it resides there, but apparently only adds chemicals to the water being added to the bowl

Either way it looks like the flushables will still work, Ill stick with them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks