Delta Diamond Seal Technology faucets

Users who are viewing this thread

djryval

Reaction score
Has anyone installed one of the newer Delta kitchen faucets with the "Diamond Seal Technology"? Just wondering what your impression is of these or if I should avoid it altogether. I need to replace my current faucet and several of the Delta's in my price range have this new feature which integrates the supply lines, etc. Installation manual seems simple enough and the product guide says it will last for over 5 million uses and should never leak. Of course anything could happen but I'm hoping it will be a better product than my current piece of junk faucet.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I installed one with a pull-down spout in my kitchen about a year ago. It's the most expensive single piece of plumbing I own, but I've been very happy with it.

djryval

Reaction score
That's cool. I checked them out at Lowes the other day and virtually every new Delta they stock which has a single handle design is using DST. The problem I have is that they feel a little cheap with the "plasticky" construction of the base and the integrated supply lines don't allow for you to use your own. Even when I run a search on Delta's home website it appears almost all of their new products have switched to this design except for some of the two-handle models. Now I'm considering a two-handle faucet which I never did before because they still have the heavier construction. I'm not sure what to do. My plumber told me to go out and buy a good Delta because of the reliability and parts and repairs were easier, but he didn't recommend any specific models so I'm trying to do my research.

Asktom

Reaction score
I disassembled a Delta 100 DST to see what it was like and thought it was junk. It uses different parts than the old models and I don't think they would have ever put it on the market if it wasn't for California's AB 1953 lead law. I would get the 2 handle model that has a simple, reliable design that has performed well for years and is easy to work on.

djryval

Reaction score
Ok. I've also considered Moen because those have a cartridge which doesn't look to hard to replace should the need arise. They also have a few single handle designs which are similar to what I currently am using, so I may end up switching brands anyway. If I use Delta, probably will go with a 2 handle operation.

Asktom

Reaction score
I don't know where you are, but if you are in California, watch out! Manufacturers are rushing products to market to comply with the new code and most of them are shooting from the hip just to stay in the market. It reminds me of when the low flow toilets were first required, it took years (at best) to work out the kinks. Even if you are not in CA, if it says" no lead" that should send up a red flag. Not that I am pro-lead, I am just anti-garbage.

djryval

Reaction score
I'm in South Carolina. I can't really decide what to get but I don't intend to spend more than about $150. I just need a good kitchen faucet because the one I currently own (Peerless) is broken. My plumber said to get a Delta but they've switched to this new design which many seem to be leery of when you research the internet. Moen has a nice faucet which would fit just right, but I don't know anything about Moen and how long their cartridges last.

djryval

Reaction score
Thanks for the videos. If you had to choose between the old style and new style, which would you install?

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Thanks for the videos. If you had to choose between the old style and new style, which would you install?

Old style in a heartbeat.

I despise plastic parts, I disagree with the movement that everything is moving to plastic.

I've spent my entire plumbing career moving myself back and forth to supply houses with parts in my hands...that are plastic and failing.

There is much to be said about reliability in product, but it seems that everything now is as disposable as a diaper.

I saw this coming a long time ago, and knew it was the sign of the times.

The goal with these products now are not to last forever, it's to provide reliability for a determined length of time.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Like it or not, MANY manufacturers have chosen to make all of their models Lead Compliant. Delta...T&S Brass, Symmons, among others. PP and Moen allegedly will make "regular" models available for 48 states ( VT has the same law as CA, but of course more people live in my condo complex than in all of VT, so who cares!); however, I have seen both of them slip in some mickies!

jay_wat

Plumber
Reaction score
we have installed alot of the new Delta with the DST,, easy to install,,and the supplys tie into the 3/8" supply stop easily.
havent had a complaints from any customers on them,,and look great.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I had a customer a few weeks ago that had a leak under the sink. It turned out that the "diamond seal" piece with the supply lines molded to it was "loose" in the faucet. I had to disassemble part of the faucet to tighten it again.

Tim_M

Reaction score
Groan! More junk. I used to recommend Delta because it came with a simple ball, seal, and seats and springs. They were well made and could be repaired forever, and be repaired instantly because everyone carried all those parts on her truck. Now they have some specialty cartridge that never needs to be replaced? Right. When it does, that means the part isn't on hand. You'll be luck if it is just a trip to the store and not having to be ordered, which puts your sink out of commission for a week.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Learn to live with it. The diamond seal technology, which is the operating mechanism, has nothing to do with the supply hoses. The plastic supply hoses are to comply with the no-lead laws which went into effect last January 4, 2104. After that date NO ONE can legally sell, give away, or install, any of the "old technology" faucets. They have to go in the scrap bins. If you are intelligent you do not wait until the faucet is unusable and you call 1-800-345DELT and have them send you the part so you do NOT have to buy it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks