62.6 KB · Views: 1,113
  • vladimirmtoilet.jpg
    vladimirmtoilet.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,095

Lightwave

Reaction score
Pig slop offering

No pictures as it's not readily photographed, but picture this:

A basement floor "drain" consisting of nothing more than a 4" hole cut through the slab. The hole leads into a horizontal channel that is presumably connected to the weeping tiles. Sandy soil visible through the drain hole. No trap. I could feel air blowing up out of the drain and the smell of soil was rather strong.

From all appearances, this abomination was cut when the house was built.

The worst part is that there's a real under-slab drain line less than 6' away.

Code enforcement, here? :rolleyes:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The picture on the left was how we found the drain,
The picture on right is how we wound up running it.

From seeing the other work out there, it was obvious that the lady of the house wasn't used to paying for skilled work.

Attachments

• anne_kitchen_sink.jpg
    anne_kitchen_sink.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 843

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Hurry up and start the thread Ron!

It would probably be better to just rename this one, keep the viewers interested with high view count, posted comments.

Y'know...I bet someone has come across this thread and said,

"Well damn I thought, wait. But I thought that was the way it was suppose to go? It still works so I'm not messing with it." :D

"Do I win anything if my picture wins?" :p

ilya

In the Trades
Reaction score
No pics, but here's the story: This guy walked into the local hardware store whereI work part time, looking for "clawfoot tub drain parts". (He wanted a bath shoe, only.) Turned out he was trying to clear a lady's drain and couldn't open the drum trap (did'nt own a pipe wrench.) So he figured on taking the drain apart and knew it would break in the process. When we told him the snake would never get through the trap, he bought a 1/2 gallon of Assault drain cleaner, which is sulfuric acid. An hour later he's back, saying black foam had poured up out of the drain. "How long was it taking to drain empty?" I asked. "About three or four hours." When I told him that meant the pipe was just about packed solid, he bought a trap lid and a drill bit.His plan was to drill and break out the old lid and shopvac the acid thru the drum trap. Great plan. Her next bath will be hotter than she realizes. And yes, I told him that, too.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks