Be careful when you cut roots

Users who are viewing this thread

JeffL

Reaction score
I need to rant :mad:
The 3rd fitting just blew out in the pvc hose bib supply line that I installed 15 years or more ago. I guess I could take a chance on good USA made fittings, but since I'd have to essentially replace to entire line anyway to replace all those "big box store" fittings, I'm going with copper. I've already opened the trench.
End of rant.

Be careful cutting roots. I had one pesky root that was in my way. It was a real tough little sucker. When I finally was able to cut through it, I discovered that it was really a power line for my low voltage lighing. :eek:

homer-simpson-doh.gif

Cookie

Reaction score
I need to rant :mad:
The 3rd fitting just blew out in the pvc hose bib supply line that I installed 15 years or more ago. I guess I could take a chance on good USA made fittings, but since I'd have to essentially replace to entire line anyway to replace all those "big box store" fittings, I'm going with copper. I've already opened the trench.
End of rant.

Be careful cutting roots. I had one pesky root that was in my way. It was a real tough little sucker. When I finally was able to cut through it, I discovered that it was really a power line for my low voltage lighing. :eek:

homer-simpson-doh.gif

YIKES. You okay?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
wire

Low Voltage, of course she is okay, and it was probably in the daytime when the lights were off anyway. I tell my excavators NOT to cut any root until we check it out to see if it is really wood. Many times I have started to tell someone, "Do not chop that.......", just before they do it. If it is a gas line it becomes exciting. If it is a water line, it becomes muddy. If it is an electric line, sometimes part of the shovel vaporizes in a big spark, or there is a big notch in the end of it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks