one Piece toilet doesnt match holes

Users who are viewing this thread

dbomb

Reaction score
hello everyone, I happened to find a good deal on craiglist for a one piece toilet. When i was ready to isntall it , i was not able to put the toilet flush on the flange after lining up my screws. I look at the bottom of the toilet bowl and found out that the holes are not at 9 and 3 o'clock of the exit pipe. They are more like 5 and 7 o'clock.

Im going crazy trying to figure out whats going on, I looked everywhere and cant find any information. I dont see a brand name on the toilet either....I hope someone can she some light into my problem.

Thanks.

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
That's a new one . I see no way to set that on a flange using closet bolts.

John

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Buyer beware....It must be some non US made toilet...

dbomb

Reaction score
I guess Im stuck with this one. I think I will put some anchors on the ground and attach it that way. Does anyone see a major problem with that. I know is not the approved way to do it, but I guess I have no choise. Its probably a non us made like you said. I'm surprise they would have that here.

But now it makes sense because the regualr 7/8 3/8 hose that connects the toilet for the water doesnt fit. its a little to big.

Never thought that could happen, why would anyone bring a non us toilet to the us? oh well you live you learn.

Last edited:

dbomb

Reaction score
No I dont see a name, on one of them I see something inside the toilet that says "yato" I am attaching the pics. on the first one you can see on the right edge how the hole doesnt line up. i will try to take better pics when I get back home.

Attachments

• t1..jpg
    t1..jpg
    48 KB · Views: 502
  • t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 472

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
I for one would like to see the bottom of the toilet.

John

dbomb

Reaction score
No problem, I will post pics when I get home. Hopefully this will help someone, because I google everywhere and the wasn't anything about this

dbomb

Reaction score
Did you mean the pic from the water tank. Let me knwo if this is what you were asking.

Thanks,

Attachments

• t3.jpg
    t3.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 402
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, ladies have to sit sideways on an Asian toilet. Otherwise they may miss and hit the rim.

The Asian toilets I used were squat style...no sitting. Made me appreciate the presence of water to cover the smell. Malaysian curry/hot pepper heavy diets and squat toilets make for incredibly pungent restrooms. :eek:

The public toilets that used western style commodes had signs illustrating not to stand/squat on top of the toilet. :D

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

What you have there is a somewhat expensive, but unique, flower pot. ANY means you use to bolt it down will be a makeshift process. Underneath it looks quite similar to the "two outlet" toilet someone else inquired about.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Let's assume for a moment that you can solve the problem that started this thread and figure out how to get this toilet secured to a flange. What assurance will you have that this will not be constantly clogging a trouble free toilet? There are many toilets around with well known brand names on them that at least do not start out needing improvised installation but don't work well. This thing is a piece of junk and should be treated as such. Sometimes one just can't afford a bargain.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks