Price Pfister Madness

Users who are viewing this thread

Kiko

Reaction score
My parents' PF kitchen faucet with pullout sprayer was hammering all the time and, finally, the flow was stopped all together. By process of elimination, I isolated the problem to where the sprayer hose was connected to the valve body. It was a bear to get to because of the tiny space under there, but I managed to disconnect the hose. There was some silly, stupid flow restricter mechanism with a small spring in the sprayer hose, which I removed with an o-ring puller. That solved the problem.

Why in the hell would they need to put a restricter in there, especially one that obviously will fail in a short time period? If someone wants to use less water, all they have to do is not turn on the faucet all the way. :confused:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
device

It is NOT a flow restrictor, it is a backflow device to protect your water system. It is required for ANY device with a hose that could be left underwater, such as dropped into a sink full of water. Handheld shower units are supposed to have them also, although few are actually installed with them.

Kiko

Reaction score
I guess you plumbers must love this device, because you can come by and charge $200 to remove it when it inevitably fails.
I smell a conspiracy. ;)

Kiko

Reaction score
I agree that back flow is dangerous, but why not design a check valve that will last more than a few months? This cheap piece of plastic and spring looked like it came out of a Cracker Jack box. :D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks