Gas hot water heater, problem

Users who are viewing this thread

tommyo

Reaction score
Gas furnace baseboard heat problem

Ok I soldered a leak on the one zone valve, this system has 2 zones , one circulator,(I bled system) I fired the furnace back up, the water heats inside to 200f and pressure is about 17psi , I get no heat through the pipes up or down zone, (I even tried leaving zones manually open). does this mean that the circulator is bad, everything else seems to be working fine, damper, evrything eletric seems good, the thermostats triger the sytem, just no heat, I am really baffled, any help greatly appriciated.:confused:

Last edited:

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
You have air that needs purging. Shut off valve above circulator, put hose on boiler drain above valve, open boiler drain valve, let run till air goes away.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Air?

quote: Shut off valve above circulator, put hose on boiler drain above valve, open boiler drain valve, let run till air goes away

Good advice, but where did you see a picture of his system to know whether those valves were even installed, or if the pump is on the feed or return? It does seem to be a circulation problem but without being there to check the pump, we do not even know if it is working properly.

tommyo

Reaction score
Thanks

All the advice led to rectifying the problem, I soldered the zone valve ok , works fine, I bled the sytem wrong, I read this after I seem to have had a bright idea this morning and called my friend Vinny(he's a plumber and he was cordial enough to give me the advice, after telling him how my sytem was rigged, brainstorm huh.lol), I shut the valve at the circulator and opened zone valve bled upstairs through the spicket, closed that one and did the same for downstairs zone, wallah !!!! problem solved toasty warm heat, so had I bled the system right (thought I did,wrong!!) would have been fine, so thank you all for helping me through this adventure, I love learning stuff and always appriciate any and all advice, how else could I become a handy man, if it wasn't for people sharing there advice I could never learn, can't by you guy's lunch like I will (local plumber vinny) so you will just have to accept a heartfelt gracious thank you.:D

tommyo:

Last edited:

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
quote: Shut off valve above circulator, put hose on boiler drain above valve, open boiler drain valve, let run till air goes away

Good advice, but where did you see a picture of his system to know whether those valves were even installed, or if the pump is on the feed or return? It does seem to be a circulation problem but without being there to check the pump, we do not even know if it is working properly.

That's a good reply cause you are right. A lot of old systems either are not set up that way or are difficult to figure out. I was just kind of hoping that his was and I guess I guessed right. Purging can be a real pita sometimes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks