Pin Hole Leaks in Kinston Brass Faucets

Users who are viewing this thread

tetonniki

Reaction score
HELP! I have 2 wall mounted ORB Kingston Brass kitchen faucets in my master bathroom over my vessel sinks and they both have pin hole leaks in the elbows. The leaks are NOT coming from the joints they are actually holes in the fixture itself. I had the same problem with my claw foot tub faucet although it was a different lower quality brand fixture (the pin hole leak appeared in the bridge) and have already replaced a leak on one of the sink fixtures (which failed in a huge way and caused the bathroom to flood) and now there are 3 more in about the same locations. Why do my fixtures keep getting these pin hole leaks? I am at my wits end trying to figure this out. Could it be a problem with my water? I tested the pH and it is in the normal range so it's not an acid water problem.

tetonniki

Reaction score
The water here is very hard. I'm on a well & I have really high water pressure (I asked the well driller to give me a really good pump so I could run a lot of sprinklers.) As for the quality of the brass, I don't know. I thought Kingston Brass was a good brand until now.

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
HELP! I have 2 wall mounted ORB Kingston Brass kitchen faucets in my master bathroom over my vessel sinks and they both have pin hole leaks in the elbows. The leaks are NOT coming from the joints they are actually holes in the fixture itself. I had the same problem with my claw foot tub faucet although it was a different lower quality brand fixture (the pin hole leak appeared in the bridge) and have already replaced a leak on one of the sink fixtures (which failed in a huge way and caused the bathroom to flood) and now there are 3 more in about the same locations. Why do my fixtures keep getting these pin hole leaks? I am at my wits end trying to figure this out. Could it be a problem with my water? I tested the pH and it is in the normal range so it's not an acid water problem.

Kingston Brass is a Builders quality Delta knock off.

John

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You really should put a pressure reducer on you household water. Excessive pressure is very hard on appliance hoses and on valves especially in your toilets, washing machine, and dishwasher. 60 psi is plenty of pressure in the house. The leaks are likely due to the poor quality of the fixtures and the high pressure may contribute to the problem.

tetonniki

Reaction score
So the hubby took one of the faucets off (again) and we looked inside the "Z" shaped elbow (which makes the faucet adjustable in case your supply lines aren't 6" OC) and it looks like it was formed from 2 pieces b/c there is a seam visable down the center inside the elbow. Both elbows have leaks in almost exactly the same spot so I suspect it is this elbow that is the problem. I think we might be able to get some parts from the manufacturer so we can eliminate those elbows and hopefully solve the problem.

We have a pressure tank and it says that the water pressure is 50. Do you think we should still install a pressure reducer?

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
So the hubby took one of the faucets off (again) and we looked inside the "Z" shaped elbow (which makes the faucet adjustable in case your supply lines aren't 6" OC) and it looks like it was formed from 2 pieces b/c there is a seam visable down the center inside the elbow. Both elbows have leaks in almost exactly the same spot so I suspect it is this elbow that is the problem. I think we might be able to get some parts from the manufacturer so we can eliminate those elbows and hopefully solve the problem.

We have a pressure tank and it says that the water pressure is 50. Do you think we should still install a pressure reducer?

You don't need a pressure reducer. The faucet is your problem.

John

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

It is usually a problem with the brass the faucet is made of. It DOES have leachable material, so when it is "dissolved" the water can leak out.

tetonniki

Reaction score
Thanks for the reponses. I asked Kingstom Brass to replace the entire faucet with something else and they refused. Said all they could do was send more "elbows" which they did and the hubby installed them. They leaked again after only 2 weeks. Gonna go buy a Moen or Delta faucet and throw this junk in the trash.:mad:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks