Fire Pit on top of Septic Field?

Users who are viewing this thread

DarkNova

Reaction score
We're looking at building a fairly small (~ 2 ft inside diameter) brick fire pit in our backyard. The ideal place would be the corner of the yard that happens to have the septic field under it. Would this be a problem? The 2 issues I can think of are the weight and the heat, but I am under the impression that the septic field is several feet deep and I wouldn't think either of those factors would be able to penetrate that deep, but I could be wrong. Or maybe there's another reason I cannot think of right now. The fire pit would not be used very often -- once every couple weeks at most and probably not even that. Any opinions? Thanks.

DarkNova

Reaction score
A fire pit over the seepage field has no problems. Putting it over the septic tank would not be a good move.

Yes, I meant that the pit would be on top of the seepage field, definitely no where near the septic tank itself. Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks