Gas line within NYC code?

Users who are viewing this thread

Andrew21

Reaction score
Got a quick question. My friend's husband thinks he knows everything so I"m watching his progress on his kitchen. He switched around the fridge and the stove but failed to move the gas line. Its only about a 3 foot move away from the original gas pipe. But what he did was put a cabinet where the gas line is located. Therefore you have to drill a hole through the cabinet to connect the gas pipe. Is that within code? Illegal to do? I've never seen that before. I don't even want to get into the plumbing yet. I'll have to take pictures to show you this nightmare. But one at a time first :)

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Out here, as long as you have access to the shutoff valve, and the flex line is not too long, it would be legal.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
How do you install a typical gas stove without at least a short flex? Tear out the cabinets? Put a hole in the wall?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks