A person claims to be a plumber

Users who are viewing this thread

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
What test question can I ask such that only a plumber would know the answer?

3m

Reaction score
In 30 years Ive only had one homeowner ask Me if I was a licensed plumber.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
It never did...it's just like doctors...some are great the others get sued for malpractice...

Last edited:

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
The reason I ask, two guys are remodelling a bathroom and they were said to be plumbers. When they removed the toilet they left the pipe unplugged, which should put sewer gas into the house.
Would a plumber make a mistake like that?
Would two plumbers be remodelling a bathroom instead of focusing on only plumbing work?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
test

There are many questions a plumber should know the answer to, but many might not depending on their experience and background, so that should not be the Shibboleth test of their credentials. But, at least in my case, if I were doing the entire remodel, you would be using much too expensive labor for it.

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
But, at least in my case, if I were doing the entire remodel, you would be using much too expensive labor for it.
That's what I'm thinking. I think these two guys are installers.

Pmaru77

Reaction score
If they pulled the toilet and left the hole open they they are not only not plumbers, they are common fools.

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
they are common fools.
You have a way with words! :D

I guess with sewer gas there is some minimal risk of explosion [one home in 100,000, per year?] assuming the occupants can stand the smell, if there are occupants.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks