Using Unions

Users who are viewing this thread

BimmerRacer

Reaction score
Is there a better way to make this type of connection? I read that some locations disallow unions behind walls, I am not certain on laws here. I also read that unions are more leak-prone.

I also read that using a reverse threaded fitting would eliminate some of these concerns, but can't seem to locate one, perhaps I am searching for a wrong thing.

Attachments

• union.JPG
    union.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 216

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
unions

YOu must be anticipating problems, otherwise the tubing would be attached directly to the manifold. If unions were no allowed inside walls, there would be several million tub and shower valves, installed since the earliest days, which could not have been connected, because they ALL had union connections.

BimmerRacer

Reaction score
I am not anticipating anything, this is a stock photo from Kohler. The servicability of the digital valve however is a potential issue.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks