1965 Single Control American Standard Push-Pull Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

onetreefrog

Reaction score
I have a single control American Standard push/pull tub faucet (1965 vintage) with poor hot water flow. Before attempting repair, I would like to have detailed assembly and parts list. Where might I find this information. I don't know the model but could provide a picture.

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
A picture would be great. If it is what I am thinking it is my mom's home has a few of these in it. Home was a Sears built house in the 60's and they used a lot of American Standard single handle push/pull faucets. If it is I can dig out the old documents and try to scan them.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

AMerican Standard made a couple of "weird" push/pull faucets and if you have one of them, there may be a conversion kit to replace the operating part of it.

onetreefrog

Reaction score
A picture would be great. If it is what I am thinking it is my mom's home has a few of these in it. Home was a Sears built house in the 60's and they used a lot of American Standard single handle push/pull faucets. If it is I can dig out the old documents and try to scan them.

Thanks. I'm in the process of getting photos uploaded so they can be viewed on the Forum.

onetreefrog

Reaction score
AMerican Standard made a couple of "weird" push/pull faucets and if you have one of them, there may be a conversion kit to replace the operating part of it.

There are two photos, though not very good. Hope these are helpful in identifying the correct faucet.

Last edited by a moderator:

SewerRatz

Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
I see the name on the bottom of the plate saying American Standard. I will head over to my office and try to dig out and scan the break down we got for ours.

Last edited:

SewerRatz

Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Here you go a break down for you. http://a-archer.net/images/aspushpullshwr.pdf

as_n1130.jpg

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
1965...probably before you were born....

Maybe I am just a big pussey, coward or whatever ,
but I would not touch that faucet with
a ten foot pole....

you would simply be wiser to just put in a single handle 1700Delta
and live for another 55 years without troubles..

I cannot beleive that they would even have the parts available
for that odd ball dog anymore.

have not even seen one in 25 years

SewerRatz

Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Maybe I am just a big pussey, coward or whatever ,
but I would not touch that faucet with
a ten foot pole....

you would simply be wiser to just put in a single handle 1700Delta
and live for another 55 years without troubles..

I cannot beleive that they would even have the parts available
for that odd ball dog anymore.

have not even seen one in 25 years

There is a place up here in Arlington Heights IL, called Just faucets. They can get you parts to any faucet out there. If no one has the parts, they can make them for you. They have saved me loots of headaches in the past. http://justfaucets.homestead.com/prod.html

onetreefrog

Reaction score
Thanks for the help

Thanks to all you master plumbers and especially to Sewer Ratz. I printed out the pictures and parts lists and will give them to my local plumber. The problem with simply replacing the valve with a current on is that we will probably have to remove cabinet and wall to provide access. The builder in 1965 didn't provide access. We do what we must 44 years later. :)

as-push-pull-05.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks