Toilet paper holder

Users who are viewing this thread

Willl

Reaction score
Any thoughts on what the best toilet paper holder is (design). I am looking for one that you can easily put the toilet paper on. Also would like it to dispense the toilet paper well while you are pulling the toilet paper out and the toilet paper stays on the holder well while you are pulling it. I was thinking about something like this.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Any thoughts on what the best toilet paper holder is (design). I am looking for one that you can easily put the toilet paper on. Also would like it to dispense the toilet paper well while you are pulling the tiolet paper out and the toilet paper stays on the holder well while you are pulling it. I was thinking about something like this.
Thanks

It is all in what your personal tastes are. Here are a few I like.

1885hoytholder.jpg

toilet-paper-holder-side.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TedL

Reaction score
Design is a matter of taste. I find the spring loaded centers easy enough. The only PITA I've encountered was one that required screwing off a cap nut to change the roll.

Keep the location close to your knee when seated, as it gives you the third "hand" needed to easily tear off the paper.

tp-hanger.jpg

RayP

Vocational Instructor
Reaction score
Easy choice for me

I don't like anything that I can't reach easily. That means I want the toilet paper in front of me and at chest level. I have found two holders I like. One I love. The like one is a stand with a weighted base that uses a standard spring loaded roll holder. The one I love has a horizontal roll holder open on one end, so you just slide the tp roll on. No moving parts. I can place the holder where I want it and move it when I am done. I would never consider going back to the wall mounted version.

Rayh78

Reaction score
I have been using ones like you had in pic for about 10 years now.
Its the only type I would ever have in all my 3 bathrooms.
So quick and easy to replace a roll the kids will even do it.

I will never use anything else.

Willl

Reaction score
I would like an open ended one as I stated in my firt post. My only concern with open ended ones is that I think the roll might come off if you pull a little to hard. Hence why I was asking for the best design of the open ended ones. Might not be a problem though. Thanks

quinocampa

Mechanical engineer in marketing. Uhuh.
Reaction score
I would like an open ended one as I stated in my firt post. My only concern with open ended ones is that I think the roll might come off if you pull a little to hard. Hence why I was asking for the best design of the open ended ones. Might not be a problem though. Thanks

If you turn the Home Depot version 90 degrees with the post vertical, your roll will not come off. That may be too radical for some though.

Dalton Bourne

Reaction score
I was skeptical about the sturdiness of the YIGII toilet paper holder but it has turned out to be a very good holder. Even holds the larger super-sized rolls. Regardless of how I install this gadget, toilet paper rolls seamlessly from the holder rod. The 304 stainless steel is also effortless to clean, and its rust resistance is impressive.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks