Water Softener Drain

Users who are viewing this thread

rdgallo

Reaction score
Is it ok to have the backflush drain of a water softener draining into the ejector pump sump or will the brine ruin the pump? I have city sewer no septic.
Thanks

rdgallo

Reaction score
Gary, does that mean I shouldn't allow someone to plumb a new softener that way? Is draining to the effluent pit normal practice?
Thanks,
Ron

rdgallo

Reaction score
Thanks, Gary. I really appreciate the help! Now all I have to do is purchase a water softener and find a good plumber in my area to install it.
Thanks again,
Ron

rdgallo

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, Gary. I wish I could install it myself, but probably would be better off with a good plumber. I have done a lot of my own plumbing before, but I now have bad knees, bad neck, etc. and should hire it done. The house is only 4 years old but never had a water softener and is not "looped" for one. So, this would be a total installation including an electrical outlet and I want it to be done properly and not cobbled together by me. The trouble I have is knowing a good plumber to do the job. I am pretty picky about the quality of any work done, and, therefore want someone that cares about doing a nice,
neat job. Trouble is, I don't know any plumbers. I guess I will just have to go to the phone book and pick someone hoping I get the right person. Again, thanks for your response.
Ron

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Well then you at least ought to buy it from me but... I married a fashion/no clothes art model once, mostly based on looks, a tanned all over beautiful long naturally wavy red haired green eyed curvy 5'6" 124 lbs beauty measuring 36,24,36 from Holland! That experience taught me that practical is much more important than looks. No leaks, it's a great job, pay the man. ;)

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks