constantly haveing to plungger toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

gundogblue

Reaction score
I just recently had my septic tank pumped and repaired, and my septic field repaired. None of the plumbing in my bathroom was used for 8 days until all the repairs were completed since all the work was done my toilet still flushes slow, and after about every three uses I have to plungger the toilet in order for it to flush. Could this mean that I need the pipes rodded out, or could this indicate I need a new toilet?
Thanks ,
Paul :)

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Most of the time, it's something in the trapway of the toilet.
Last week Jamie pulled a cell phone out of one bowl, and a tootbrush out of a second bowl.

Radon Contractor and Water Treatment
Reaction score
Website
www.78radon.com
Most of the time, it's something in the trapway of the toilet.
Last week Jamie pulled a cell phone out of one bowl, and a tootbrush out of a second bowl.

I'm having the same issue ... do I need to remove the toilet from the flange or is there a trick I'm not aware of. Thanks.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
You need a toilet auger

Attachments

• auger.jpg
    auger.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 372

gundogblue

Reaction score
Please forgive my ignorance, is the trapway in the toilet with-in the toilet bowl itself, or is it in the pipes below the toilet bowl? I know how to take off the toilet bowl, and reinstal it, but thats about the limit of my knowledge of toilets, is this something I should hire a plumber to fix? And thanks so much for the info, I really do appriciate it.
Paul

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The trap is inside of the toilet and since it dumps into a considerably bigger pipe, is the most likely place for a clog.

gundogblue

Reaction score
So if I take the toilet bowl off there's a good chance that I will find the problem with-in the toilet bowl itself ?
Paul

BurleyMike

Reaction score
I once had a neighbor that smoked a pipe. He always had one in his mouth. One evening he called me and asked if I could help him get the cleanout open. He figured one of his granddaughters flushed something. The old cleanout finally came open. We ran a snake in there and felt nothing.

He put a small mirror and a flashlight in there and we saw a wad of toilet paper and other gunk just above the cleanout. We used a coat hanger to get it loose. Well there was one of his pipes. He said he had been looking for that one ever since the granddaughters had visited. :D

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

The septic tank probably did not have anything to do with the toilet not working in the first place. But there are so many possibilities that we might not cover all of them, and you might do the wrong thing to cure them. Often the problem does not require removing the toilet, and even if you do, that might do nothing to help cure the problem. You MUST find out WHAT is causing the problem before you can even think about curing it.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Your response being what was not worth reading.
And, Your follow up certainly wasn't worth writing.
Opps sorry southern man I meant to write... Ritin

Redwoodvotesoften1

Reaction score
Down here ya all...
When our toilets plug up we just have to dig a new hole and move the toilet over a few feet.

Southern Man

DIY Hillbilly
Reaction score
Down here ya all...
When our toilets plug up we just have to dig a new hole and move the toilet over a few feet.
How's your groundwater contamination, Mr. sanitation expert? For our modern composting toilets, the floor is a 4x8 sheet of pressure treat plywood with a privy hole centered in one quadrant. When the pile gets high we unscrew the floor, and rotate it or flip it to get the hole in a new position. :)
bug.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I guess we now know how Southern Man got to be so full of ****...
His well is downstream from Hillbilly Man's outhouse!:eek:

I knew it had to be something like that...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks