Taxation and Misrepresentation

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Cass, many lower ranked military service people have historically been living on welfare and food stamps to survive. IIRC Bush increased pay scales to right that wrong but I don't know if they are all that much better off today.

You are right but that doesn't mean they should take advantage of the system...if you don't like the $$$ don't join...it is all volunteer so there is no excuse.

Frenchie

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
Strange... I just searched at factcheck.org and can't find a single mention of Obama birth certificate law suit. It looks like an Obama lovefest site...;

You didn't search very hard.

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html

...Look:

- the State of Hawaii says it's a genuine Birth Certificate.

- the judge thinks it's genuine.

- the State department clearly thinks it's genuine, or they wouldn't have given him a passport; and we know he has a passport, since he went to Berlin this summer.

- the newspaper in Honolulu carried a birth announcement, at the time.

Now, MAYBE you're right; MAYBE he's not a natural-born citizen, and there's a vast conspiracy hiding the real facts.

...And MAYBE the WTC was an inside job, maybe the moon missions were all faked, maybe Elvis is still alive.

I can't believe I'm even spending time on this.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
The question is if he was born on US soil not if he is an American with a birth certificate...the only thing that will show the answer is the long form birth certificate not the short form...the long form shows who the attending doctor was and where the birth took place...the short form shows nothing that will answer the questions...he refuses to show the long form...there is ample evidence to warrant with a good conscience, him to reveal his long form birth certificate and dispel any question about his being born on US soil...if he can dispel it....

The short form is what was on the web site...

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Okay, this is getting funny now.
I'm sure that both candidates have legal birth certificates to run for president.

Isn't this thread supposed to be about taxation?

Speaking of which, I was helping to grade school papers last night for a Junior High in Blaine WA
The papers were on the Boston Tea Party, and Paul Reveres ride, and the ensuing start of the war between the British and the Colonies that was started in Concord.
A nice little war was started because England had some debt from a war campaign that needed paying off, and it wasn't going to be like that.
But it was.
Something about snowballs with rocks and glass in them, a solider falling, his gun going off, and then
Bam, Bam, Bam,
It got a little more complicated.

It was interesting seeing some of the papers, and some of the answers.
We are talking about an event that took place over 200 years ago, with young kids that are living in a different generation than before.
Some of the kids in the class are homeless, living in tents near the Canadian border. There are bigger concerns for them, than what they are being taught in school.

Is anyone going to catch the Saturday Night Live special tonight at 9:00PM on channel 5?

Barak's mother Stanley Ann Dunham was born in Wichita Kansas. She went to high school on Mercer Island, connected to Seattle by I-9, where her parents had a furniture store. I used to have a home on Mercer Island, and worked in a bicycle shop there ran by my brother in law, Michael Burbridge.
Barak's mom, born in 1942, in Kansas, returned to Seattle to go the University of Washington from 1961-1962 as a single mom, with a small child named Barak.
Ann's father was a member of the US Military during WW2 and her mother worked at a Boeing plant in Wichita, KS.
Sounds like a pretty American family to me.

Donald Trump's grandfather was born in Bavaria, now a part of Germany. He refused military service and the Bavarian Government stripped Trump of his citizenship and permanently banished him.
He died in the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic.

Last edited:

Frenchie

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
The question is if he was born on US soil not if he is an American with a birth certificate...the only thing that will show the answer is the long form birth certificate not the short form...the long form shows who the attending doctor was and where the birth took place...the short form shows nothing that will answer the questions...he refuses to show the long form...there is ample evidence to warrant with a good conscience, him to reveal his long form birth certificate and dispel any question about his being born on US soil...if he can dispel it....

The short form is what was on the web site...

If you bothered to follow the link to factcheck, earlier, you might have noticed this sentence:

"The Hawaii Department of Health's birth record request form does not give the option to request a photocopy of your long-form birth certificate."

BTW, John McCain was born in Panama - you can argue that a military base is US soil - but that wasn't the court's argument when they dismissed the case against John.

There's also FDR, who was born in Canada...

And then his visit last week to HI to visit his white grandmother when it was reported a few days later that the (democrat) Governor sealed his record or file.

Now that she's dead... proving that his visit last week really was what he claimed (his last chance to see the woman who raised him, before she died)... do you feel like a jerk, at all, for implying otherwise?

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
All I know is if you watch enough of this...

faux_news.jpg

You can get way out there....

snap-out-of-it.jpg

We've got an election tomorrow for president...
You can't go in there in this mindless trance your in...

Last edited by a moderator:

Cookie

Reaction score
Okay, this is getting funny now.
I'm sure that both candidates have legal birth certificates to run for president.

Isn't this thread supposed to be about taxation?

Speaking of which, I was helping to grade school papers last night for a Junior High in Blaine WA
The papers were on the Boston Tea Party, and Paul Reveres ride, and the ensuing start of the war between the British and the Colonies that was started in Concord.
A nice little war was started because England had some debt from a war campaign that needed paying off, and it wasn't going to be like that.
But it was.
Something about snowballs with rocks and glass in them, a solider falling, his gun going off, and then
Bam, Bam, Bam,
It got a little more complicated.

It was interesting seeing some of the papers, and some of the answers.
We are talking about an event that took place over 200 years ago, with young kids that are living in a different generation than before.
Some of the kids in the class are homeless, living in tents near the Canadian border. There are bigger concerns for them, than what they are being taught in school.

Is anyone going to catch the Saturday Night Live special tonight at 9:00PM on channel 5?

The best part of teaching for me was grading. Did you grade on the curve Terry?

I always gave the kids all A's... even if the papers were horrible, but sent home a note telling the parents that they did poorly, :D (easy to tell when the parents did the work, so why penalize the kids) I loved it.:)

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Did you grade on the curve Terry?

Well, it was just a few of us helping Travis that night.
That's not my normal gig.
He was one of the teachers in Guatemala last year that helped to pour the concrete floors, that you helped donate for.
This year he is back in the US.

My daughter teaches first grade in Mukilteo, I think she has less to grade.

attachment.php

Travis on the right.

attachment.php

Parts of Guatemala City

Here you live with the very well to do, and those that work for them.
The super markets that you and I would shop in are like any store here in the US.

The people living here, shop at the local markets.

Last edited:

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Terry, If those kids don't pay attention to what they learn in school they may just end up spending their whole lives in tents.

I never ever grade on a curve. It penalizes the kids that excel and rewards mediaocraty. I do however allow re-test and make up, though many are too lazy to take advantage of the offer. You do what you can.

For those interested, I'll be having a small gathering on the first moonless night at Boston Harbor. Bring you own pitchfork. :D

Herk

Plumber
Reaction score
Okay, let's review:

The contention here seems to be that if taxes on corporations go up, the price of their products will go up to the consumer.

So, what do the corporations pay taxes on? Profit. If Exxon were given an extra tax for asinine windfall profits, would they need to raise the price of their product? Remember, profit means all their expenses and salaries were already paid.

Does Exxon or any other corporation not have a responsibility to the people they're fleecing? Do they think that they should enjoy the benefits of a nation without helping to support it? Where does the money come from?

The idea of redistributing the wealth is not new, nor even rare. We do it all the time. The question isn't whether the wealth should be redistributed, but whose wealth and to where.
The current imbalance is creating a class structure that the Founders did everything they could to prevent.

So, do you really think that bought-off politicians who vote in favor of either corporate benefits or tax breaks really believe that somehow the company's employees will benefit? Their consumers?

The biggest failure of Free Market Capitalism is that it ignores the most obvious elephant in the room: corporations are after profit, and in most cases, as much profit as they can get. No, Mr. Reagan, they cannot do things more efficiently than government because their motives are completely different.

The real reason for the invention of Free Market Capitalism was simple and obvious: moving money from the masses of people into the hands of the very wealthy. It's a game, people, and you lose.

Mort

Reaction score
Hmmm....not one mention of government greed...of course it's greedy only because it wants to help;)

Mort

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I voted at the polls this afternoon, took me maybe five minutes.
I preprinted my selections using the Seattle Times tool on their web site, and printed my choices to take with me.

And I voted for.....................................................

Hmm, Seems it doesn't let me print that.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
I want my benefits....NOW....

hey, I voted for the guy who promised me great
benefits ......for no more effort on my part ......

he better give me 100% total health benefits,,

and I better get good dental too,,,,,

and I should get a raise and a bonus...

I hope I can get all sorts of free perks....

Its a brave new world...

Maybe he will buy me a new fiberglass shovel.!!!!

Last edited:

Frenchie

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
Rugged - I'm gonna try one last time to get across to you.

My point has nothing to do with who wins; everything to do with how the game is played.

If you want to compare their actual tax plans - that would be a valid topic.

If you want to talk about their attitudes towards taxation, and what it might say about their political philosophies... hey, there's another valid topic.

But when you wildly distort one candidate's tax plan, just to score points - that's not a valid topic - it's just a lie.

See the difference?

I keep telling you: try argueing with me, instead of the leftie in your head.

What does it tell you that I went after Northup, on the other site, for bringing up the "Keating Five"?

I didn't bring up his trip to Hawaii, Gary did. All I did, was call him on it.

How was I race-bashing, on the other site? It was you saying Powell's endorsement was race-based...

What's next from you, "War is Peace"? "Ignorance is Strength"?

As for snopes - since you brought it up again - if they're such rabid lefties - how come these?

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/bush.asp
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/presiq.asp
http://www.snopes.com/politics/bush/house.asp
http://www.snopes.com/politics/palin/bannedbooks.asp
http://www.snopes.com/photos/politics/kerrysign.asp
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/airplane.asp
http://www.snopes.com/quotes/candidate.asp

Cookie

Reaction score
Here's a little something I believe in:

The Teacher's Oath

I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:
• I will respect the hard-won gains of those educators in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.
• I will apply, for the benefit of my students, all strategies known to be effective, avoiding busy-work in favor of work with real meaning to the students and their families.
• I will remember that there is art to teaching as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the textbook reading or the multiple choice test.
• I will work with my colleagues to inspire one another to achieve excellence. I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed to help my students.
• If it is given me to enhance a life through teaching, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to cast a shadow over a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty.
• I will remember that I do not teach a lesson plan, or a reading deficiency, but a human being, whose skills may affect the person's future family and economic stability. My efforts will aim to teach the whole child, and help that child develop in mind and spirit.
• If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of teaching those who seek my help.

Cookie

Reaction score
Terry, If those kids don't pay attention to what they learn in school they may just end up spending their whole lives in tents.

I never ever grade on a curve. It penalizes the kids that excel and rewards mediaocraty. I do however allow re-test and make up, though many are too lazy to take advantage of the offer. You do what you can.

For those interested, I'll be having a small gathering on the first moonless night at Boston Harbor. Bring you own pitchfork. :D

What? You teach a tech skill, right? If you inspire you would not have lazy students, they would not fail.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Terry, like your daughter when I first entered into the field (too many years ago) I taught where poverty was high. I wanted to join the Peace Corps. I was glad I started that way for it taught me to be humble, to listen to words that weren't audible~~ to realize, the importance in other matters. It taught me that the snacks I brought in, the clothes I brought, the pencils, notebooks, and smiles were all very important.

The inner cities are very different than the burbs. On both accounts I felt needed. I was important to the families. Teachers need to have very good listening skills in order to teach; so many fail at that over and over. Teachers are to develop in others all the wonderful things that make life essential and a world easier in live in, work in, play in, love in and if successful, they will remember that special teacher with fondness.

I am sure your daughter loves teaching and finds it very rewarding, Terry.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks