Shower Faucet Control Valve positioning

Users who are viewing this thread

raanders

Reaction score
Where can I find information on the correct/proper/legal height that the FCV should be placed in a shower stall?

I've already taken out the old (mid-1970s) fiberglass stall so can't measure it. My hindsight is 20/20.

Thanks,
Rod
--

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Put it at a height that would be comfortable for you and the other users and fit well to your shower stall. Installing the valve so that it lands on a curved surface or, ledge surface it not a good idea.
Bear in mind that if you are a dwarf or, an NBA star the height you select can have an impact on the value of the home!:D

raanders

Reaction score
Put it at a height that would be comfortable for you and the other users and fit well to your shower stall. Installing the valve so that it lands on a curved surface or, ledge surface it not a good idea.
Bear in mind that if you are a dwarf or, an NBA star the height you select can have an impact on the value of the home!:D

I thought there might be some industry standards.

Thanks.

Rod

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks