Paint Recomendation

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I found an exterior paint color I'd like to use. It's Made by Pittsburg Paints. How does this brand stand up to Behr or Benny Moore??

Mike50

Mort

Reaction score
I didn't get very good life out of the Behr products. For exterior (especially) I think Dunn Edwards works better than anything I've tried.

Mort

Mike50

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I didn't get very good life out of the Behr products. For exterior (especially) I think Dunn Edwards works better than anything I've tried.

Mort
Thanks. It depends on what the application is imo. It also depends on current formulation which is impacted by new laws and formula changes. Benny Moore is what I've used on the interior.

Mike50

Rayh78

Reaction score
Most painters hate Behr paint.
I think Pittsburg Timeless line of paints is the best out there. Lot better than Behr and just a little better than BM top of the line.

Bearipaint

Reaction score
local

Why don't you try to find a local paint manufacturer? Most local companies have the best quality at good prices.
Usually at a local place 100% acrylic actually means it, vs. the big guys where they take out a lot of the good resin and put in cheap vinyl acrylic.

It may be hard to find a local, since all of the chains are buying other paint companies, but it would be worth it to find one! They would be happy to have you!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks