Unions. Yes or NO?

Users who are viewing this thread

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
If you watch the actual Congressional sessions it will be clear that Lou Dobbs is a liar. The Democrats have wanted to focus on cracking down on employers instead of building fences. Their theory (and I agree with it) is that if the employers are too afraid to hire illegals the flow will dry up on it's own. Republican's (for the most part) have filibustered such legislation saying that it will hurt businesses. Bush threatens to veto it each time. And the news media (including that fraud Lou Dobbs) covers it up for them. Even existing law allows the govt to crack down on employers, yet the Republican judiciary won't enforce it. Dobbs covers that up for them as well and blames "both parties".

Dobbs' audience really puzzles me. He spends the first 15 minutes training the audience with rehearsed scripting using Casey Wian and a few others to play Q&A as Equity Actors would, repeats unsubstantiated allegations over and over, then brings up "tonights poll" to see if you paid attention to the propaganda during the first fifteen minutes. Aty the end of the show he gives the results........"Yep, 90% of you agree that........" and he repeates brain washing premise again. It's like how Ivan Pavlov trained dogs using food and a light bulb.

John

I watch very little TV...
Mom was right it rots your brain...

Now as far as borders what is wrong with the idea of sealing them?
Controlling entry and turning away undesireables.
When someone overstays a visa hunting them down and throwing them out.

And yes... those that are already here...

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
UGGGGGGG. You gotta listen to something other than MSNBC. or NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, Comedy central :D

Yarg28

Reaction score
back to unions.

there was a time and place for them. Not so much anymore.

There is a reason that the majority of union businesses are constantly stressed and shrinking. And i'm sure the unions will try to blame it on the big wigs, but really, that "fat cat keeping the little man down" strategy doesnt get a lot of sympathy any longer.

The majority of the problem comes back to the consumer. We want the best goods and services possible for the absolute lowest price and for free if at all possible without any regard to how it effects ANYONE else....ever.

By the way; we want to earn the absolute most money possible while doing the very least and if someone would just hand us the money for doing nothing then that would be even better.

How exactly is that going to work? I want $25/hour to make something that a company sells for $11/hour? really? is that going to work? No, welcome to outsourcing.

Bottom line is; If i take my craft/business seriously there is absolutley no union on the planet that will make me as much money as i can do on my own. Period. End of story. The union becomes just another overhead. For those that dont know....overhead is bad...ok?

It is failed logic to think that unions will save/help American business. Most of you are shareholders in something i hope. You know, IRA, 401k, etc. If you are, then you are part of the reason that jobs go global. Cause if you were losing money in your investments id hope youd be smart enough to change them like the rest of us.

If you rely on unions to keep you in an acceptable financial state then accept that you are probably underachieving OR that you are not capable of better.

I work in a union facility and every time i hear some ******* talk about "the brotherhood" i literally want to punch them right in the mouth. I could go on for days about the politics involved and their part in the ruination of multiple companies that ive worked for.

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
He seem's to be giving better answers than any one else. Not like, she was against the bridge to no where, but still accepted $235 million in ear mark's attached to it. Come on!

Yup who needs a bridge to the airport. The ferry works great. Who really wants to drive to the air port. Who needs a job to build a bridge. We will just spend the money on other junk.
UGGGGGGG. You gotta listen to something other than MSNBC. or NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, Comedy central
Nope don't touch the stuff it will rot the brain. You should turn off Rush now and then. The guy has his head so far up Bush's butt he f##ts for him.
"In my humble opinion" Having another 4 yrs of this poop the republicans will be richer with oil flowing through there veins and the rest of us humm broke.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Can't listen to rush or Hannity. sounds way too much like preaching to me. I'm a Micheal Savage supporter:D

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Since I am one of 132 million employers who will hire one of them and they will make decisions that affect 132 million lives, I would choose the one I believe will straighten out what I perceive to be a mess. I would look at what they want to do and their positions on the issues and stick to that in making my decision.

The question was which one had the experience to do the job...you hate having to answer my question because of what the obvious answer is...of course you will vote for who you want but you have no track record or past experience to base it on, all you have is blue sky.

Feelings...nothing more than feelings...

Last edited by a moderator:

craftech

Reaction score
The question was which one had the experience to do the job...you hate having to answer my question because of what the obvious answer is...of course you will vote for who you want but you have no track record or past experience to base it on, all you have is blue sky.

I did answer the question. The question as you pose it is illogical and irrelevant. IE: Because John McCain is older he therefore has more experience because he has been employed longer, and therefore he would make a good president despite his policies of following (as his proposals promise) the same policies as George Bush. I don't like those policies. I think they have destroyed what the founding fathers set out to create. Bush has wiped his butt with the US Constitution and McCain has voted with Bush 90% of the time.

http://www.cqpolitics.com/cq-assets/cqmultimedia/flash/votestudy/index.html

So as an employer of the next President, given McBush's experience of voting with Bush 90% of the time, and following his un-American path for four more years, I would not use that criterion in my selection despite the nearly uniform lie in the news media that McCain is somehow a "maverick" and we should vote for him - to make it more clear for you. I assume you voted for then Governor Bush instead of Vice President Gore (who had more national executive experience) in 2000. Is that correct? Your logic is flawed and is a collective result of news media brainwashing. All of them have the same flawed sales pitch to elect a Republican president, just like they successfully did in 2000 and again in 2004.

John

Last edited:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
It is just that No bama has 0 experience...like I said vote for blue sky if you want...they let any one vote for any reason.

Are you sure your not Al Franken?

craftech

Reaction score
"In my humble opinion" Having another 4 yrs of this poop the republicans will be richer with oil flowing through there veins and the rest of us humm broke.

Here are the current contributions as reported by the campaigns themselves by law.

http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/select.php?ind=E01

That didn't stop McCain from criticizing Obama for the relatively small amount of contributions Obama got from Oil and Gas when McCain got $1,531,269 from Oil and Gas. Why would the McCain campaign be so bold and hypocritical? Because they know the news media will not expose their lies and hypocrisy. The McCain contributions also don't include the $7 million donated to the RNC by those industries for the campaign.

John

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I am amazed at the number of folks so willing and eager for a nebulous "change" that they would cast their vote for a man that has in reality accomplished next to nothing in his career. Obama is a creation of the NY Times and the liberal media. MSNBC has all but publically endorsed him for president. The man is more American Idol than experianced politician. Am I in love with John McCain? No, but I see him as the lesser of two evils at this time. He certainly has experiance and knows his way around Washington and Washington politics. Like it or not that is an asset not a liability. The ability to work with the congress is essential if you want to accomplish anything. Will Obama be a disaster for the country. I think not. More likely just a waste of the next four years.

craftech

Reaction score
It is just that No bama has 0 experience...like I said vote for blue sky if you want...they let any one vote for any reason.

Are you sure your not Al Franken?

Al Franken is not as thorough. :) He is also not a Republican (disgusted Republican).

John

craftech

Reaction score
I am amazed at the number of folks so willing and eager for a nebulous "change" that they would cast their vote for a man that has in reality accomplished next to nothing in his career. Obama is a creation of the NY Times and the liberal media. MSNBC has all but publically endorsed him for president.

If you look at my earlier post I laid out his accomplishments, and you seemed to agreed that Sarah Palin lied when she said he had no experience. Or the lie that he was a community organizer when she was Governor.
Now you are stating that falsehood again by stating that he has accomplished practically nothing in his career.

In terms of the "liberal media" - provide several examples of MSNBC "all but endorsing" Obama for president. And don't just quote Keith Olberman and Rachel Maddow only. They are not the voice of the network. I see the opposite from the vast majority of them on that network, and can provide many examples if it. But you first - please?

Here is a link to the MSNBC transcripts:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3719710/

John

Last edited:

craftech

Reaction score
Well No bama lied also...

http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/380377528.html

so will you now not vote for him?

You provide a link to a "book" written by David Freddoso and I am supposed to take it as the truth. Provide links to actual statements, public records, etc like I do. Do some work to make your point. And where are those "liberal media" examples I asked for? If you will do a little bit of work to back up your points I will attach an entire rebuttal to the Freddoso book on the points they made.

John

Last edited:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I get this feeling your not a Republicain...just a democratic hack plant...

craftech

Reaction score
Since you are the one voting for him...not me... it would behoove you to check these lies out.

http://obamawtf.blogspot.com/2008/05/documented-lie-50-obama-claimed-he-had.html

A blog? Is that the best you can do? C'mon now, don't be lazy. Lay out an intelligent argument using transcripts and quotes "in context", public records, etc. like I did.

I maintain that the news media is electing Republicans and keeping them in power and the public is being fed brainwashing and lies by all of them because they are large corporations that gain monetarily from the Republican quest to shift the wealth of the country from the middle class to the wealthy.

Fox News - News Corp
CNN - Time Warner
CBS - Viacomm
NBC/MSNBC - General Electric Corporation
ABC - Disney Corporation

On December 18, 2007 the Republican FCC passed a rule change that allows these corporations to buy up all the newspapers in the United States. Any attempt by the Congress to change that will be met with a Republican Filibuster threat and veto threat by the President. Most people of course don't even know about it. The internet will be next (getting rid of Net Neutrality). Then the final information leak will be sealed and we in this nation can all be stupid together.
Unfortunately many in the middle class are voting for their own hangman because they think their TV remote can find them an objective network. Fox News for example is the one I have the least problem with. At least they are blatant about what they are doing. My biggest objection to Fox News is that they provide the perfect cover for the other networks (who are packaging the exact same lies ,but for different audiences) by calling them "liberal". Then they sit by, knowing what they are doing and discuss whether or not they are "liberal" with a bunch of scripted actors that call themselves journalists.
That is my biggest complaint about Fox News.

John

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks