Blanco kitchen faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Gfe76

Reaction score
Blanco Harvest faucet, model 157-080-st with pull out spray.
The body coming out of sink (where ceramic cartridge is located) is stiff to rotate. Can I take control lever off, unscrew large ring, lift body off and grease with plumber's grease? Is that how to get to o rings in body (not cartridge)? Sorry no pics.
Second, the control handle has gotten a little stiff. How to grease it? Or is the cartridge going bad?
thanks for thoughts.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
blanco

That is the easy description of how to do it. In actuality, however, you normally cannot remove the "spout" unit without first removing the spout and hose. A tight cartridge almost always requires replacement.

Gfe76

Reaction score
by "spout", you mean the faucet body coming up out of sink, right?
To remove what I call the spout (the piece with hose that comes out of body where cartridge is located), do I have to turn off water under sink? I realize to replace the cartridge I must turn off water. How difficult to replace cartridge on these units? The cartridge is $55---why so much??? Any chance I could remove cartridge and grease it? It doesn't leak. Are these faucets that good????? I tried to call manuf but they are closed till 7/7.
Thanks so much...

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
How difficult to replace cartridge on these units?

The worst part of the job is finding the part and the parts breakdown to see how it comes apart. Foo-Foo always focuses on sales and not service!

The cartridge is $55---why so much???

Because it's Blanco! If you wanted cheap you should have gotten Moen or, Delta!

Are these faucets that good????? I tried to call manuf but they are closed till 7/7.

No they are not but, Blanco thinks they are!

Gfe76

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I called Blanco and talked to a tech rep----who was quite helpful and is sending me a cartridge and "o" rings for free.
I went online and found a schematic. I took it apart and used plumber's grease and things seem to work better----or it may just be psychological at this point. When the cartridge and o rings get here I may change them out.
Everything else in house is delta, but wife had kitchen redone and fell in "love" with these two Blanco faucets in kitchen (one gets NO use!)
Thanks again for everyone's help. this is a great site and I appreciate you taking time to respond.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks