low Water volume/presure

Users who are viewing this thread

dft747

Reaction score
Live in a thirty to 40 year old house with a well. The water pump is a Water Ace R100 deep well pump. The pump appears to be running ok but there is a volume problem. If you open two faucets up at once, the water slows to a trickle. The pressure is set to cut in at 30 and out at 50. The precharge in the holding tank 20-30 psi. Pressure at the gage at the tank reads upto 50 psi with the pump running. I tried to adjust the cut in and out, it would only increase the pressure to 54 psi and the pump would not cut out(it ran for 6 hours) Any ideas, short of replacing the whole system?:confused:

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
If you open two faucets up at once, the water slows to a trickle ...

... and the pump would not cut out [at 54 psi] (it ran for 6 hours).

My pump once had trouble keeping up with multiple faucets, and cleaning its intake screen took care of that. But since your pump cannot get above 54 psi with no water running, my guess is that you need a new pump.

Speedbump

Reaction score
There are far better Pumps than the Water Ace. But if yours makes over 50 lbs, chances are the Pump is doing it's job. Deep Well Jet Pumps don't make a lot of pressure if they are set up correctly. The idea is to get good volume and pressure together, not too much of one and not enough of the other.

If you have a screened well, the screen may be getting plugged. That will certainly drop your volume and pressure.

What do you know about the well?

bob...

jeeperstrudie

Reaction score
Same pump, like problem.

I have the same Water Ace R100, and alike problem. My pump will pump to about 65 PSI without a problem and then shut off, my problem is that it doesn't seem to be able to keep up with the water flow. When your in the shower you have about 10 minutes and then the flow will drop to nothing and trickle, the pump will be on but it won't makeup the water flow. I have to shut the water off and wait for the bladder tank to fill back up before turning the water back on. The same problem occurs with a hose or if your using the faucet in the sink.

I've been fighting this problem since I installed this pump 2 years ago, its very frustrating. The old pump I had was a F&W and worked fine other than the bearings went out on it but we always had plenty of water pressure and flow.

Did I install the wrong pump? Should I have installed something else?

HELP....Tired of ending showers covered in soap!!!!

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Different than dft747, your pump will easily build to 65 PSI and shut off. Probably means the pump is not producing as much water as you are using. When the little pressure tank is empty and not longer able to add additional water to the amount the pump is producing, your pressure drops dramatically. Send a picture of your system, you may have something restricting the flow somewhere.

Speedbump

Reaction score
I have the same Water Ace R100, and alike problem.

My question would be; how long has the Water Ace been in place?

If you have a screened well, the screen doesn't plug up overnight.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks