Mansfield Maverick

Users who are viewing this thread

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Has anyone sold any of these and how are they working out?

D

dc_homeplumber

High-Efficiency Toilets

I can't recall who, but someone here in the relatively recent past has posted that he/she has the Mavericks and is very happy with them.

I've noticed that a number of manufacturers have caught on to the 3"+ flush valve but I can't find any comments about them. I suppose they're too new on the market. Besides Toto and Kohler, American Standard, Gerber and Jacuzzi are three others that come to mind that are now marketing models using this technology.

sbe

Reaction score
Any recent news about hte Maverick 3 by Mansfield? They are on sale at *******, thinking about getting one. Anybody??

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Naw... I'm really not looking for a toilet that flushes "as good as a Toto"

I'll stick with the benchmark!:cool:

Micp879

Reaction score
Dont you just love how Redwood always has to put his two cents in regarding how "Toto is the best thing since sliced bread" even if it doesn't answer the initial question whatsoever? Yes Redwood, we know, we know, you think Toto is Gods gift to the toilet industry, and any other toilet is garbage.

Regarding the Maverick, I moved into a newly built house, and the builder installed three Mansfield Mavericks. Definitely an improvement over most toilets a builder installs, not that that is saying much. Thus far, I have been happy with each of them. No loud clunk when the flapper closes, no horribly loud flush, and I havent had to double flush even a single time. Haven't really noticed any major "quality control" issues either.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Dont you just love how Redwood always has to put his two cents in regarding how "Toto is the best thing since sliced bread" even if it doesn't answer the initial question whatsoever? Yes Redwood, we know, we know, you think Toto is Gods gift to the toilet industry, and any other toilet is garbage.

Considering this is an old post that went that went unanswered for over 2 years before being revived by SBE yesterday when he tried advertising a sale in violation of the rules, its easy to assume that everybody is not jumping up and down that Mansfield finally has a toilet that may work good. Tell you the truth I've carried so many Mansfield 1.6 GPF builder grade toilets out of houses and back to the shop dumpster in the last 16 years I don't care...
I gave my opinion and you gave yours! Thanks for finally answering the great unknown! Keep us posted on thier performance over the years!

sbe

Reaction score
Not trying to violate any rules, just thinking about a new toilet. I like to get reviews about anything before I buy it.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I know! You were just linking a commercial site that sells toilets. The url of that site was eliminated by the forum filter.

As long as you are here looking make sure that you read Terry's consumer report on low flow toilets and if you do select the Maverick update this thread with your experience so that others may benefit.

https://terrylove.com/crtoilet.htm

People often have a toilet in their home for 20 - 30 years... If you select a dog of a toilet thats a long time...

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Grumpy plumbers

Redwood and I may get a little grumpy about some things.
That's true,
Some of it comes with our history of replacing certain brands more than others.
It used to be that Mansfield was 65% of the new construction market.
I don't know who carries it anymore. Somebody must.

When my daughter bought her home three years ago, I offered to come over the weekend she moved in and replace all of her toilets, (For Free)
She got kind of mad at me, and told me straight up that she was buying a "NEW" home, and didn't need toilets.
That weekend they plugged up all the Mansfield toilets.
When I went to visit, there was a plunger setting by every toilet.
And how handy the plungers were. I tried out her new commode, and plugged it right away. At least there was a handy plunger.

Two years later near Christmas time she asked if she could still get new toilets. Jamie and I went over and replaced her toilets, put a washlet in the master, and she hasn't plunged toilets since.

Some housing developments like Trilogy around here are a field day for someone like me. We can go door to door replacing toilet fixtures. Eventually the neighbors all know us.

Several years ago, I used to get calls from the West coast Mafia Mansfield rep. He said he was from Oregon, and was given the job of talking me into saying nice things about the Mansfield Alto toilet.
He told me he was the West coast Mafia for Mansfield, ha ha.
He sounded kind of Mafia to me. At least he had that movie sounding voice.
I would laugh and say I removed more of them than any other brand.
It was kind of intimidating though.
But that was several years ago.
And this is now.
The Alto was in the builder price range. Designed to fill space in the bathroom for less than $80
If you wanted something better, you replaced it.

Some of those same builders also use Badger 1 disposers.
That's almost as low as you can go. But it does fill a hole in the sink.
I like using the Insinkerator Pro Essential disposer.
It's a little more money, but they cut well and they are quiet.

The Maverick is not a builder grade model. It should be an upgrade based on price range.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I can't think of anything good to say about the Mansfield Alto except its a more attractive cover for a closet flange than a test plug and a bucket. Although the test plug and bucket would work better!:eek:

I'm surprised that she waited 2 years... Was she a little stubborn towards pop as a kid? lol

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I'm surprised that she waited 2 years... Was she a little stubborn towards pop as a kid? lol

I think she was embarrassed to ask.
Go figure.

drake_angle2.jpg

It's her toilet I use for the Toto Drake installations guide

Micp879

Reaction score
Honestly, in general, Mansfield toilets aren't anything that great in my opinion. I had a Claro model at my last house (it is just a low profile version of a Alto, which means less head pressure, which could lead to even more clogs than an alto), and the only good thing I can say about it is that it had a good bowl wash lol. But a good bowl wash means nothing if you are then having to break out the plunger. I was actually quite pleased when I saw that the toilets supplied by the builder were Mavericks, because that is definitely a few steps up from "builder grade." Dont get me wrong, I wouldve loved to see a few Drakes being installed by the builder, but I knew that wasn't going to happen lol. Trust me, I do think Toto toilets are the top of the line, I just found it amusing how often Redwood tries to plug the Drake (no pun intended) even if it doesn't pertain to the question a person is asking. Sometimes I figure I could ask him "Hey Redwood, how is the weather in your neck of the woods?" and he would reply with something like "the sun is always shining brightly over here. I mean after all, I DO have a Toto Drake..."

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Yup! Having happy customers that are satisfied with the product I provide, that are telling others leading to more sales, and having no callbacks, is what makes the sun shine!:cool:

sbe

Reaction score
I guess I should have clearified, it's 100 bucks and I'm replacing a toilet that's at least 30 years old. I can't afford a Drake, it should be better then what I have, right?

SamC

Reaction score
FWIW, a local plumbing supply in my area can barely keep the Mavericks in stock. They say they are very happy with the toilet's performance and have few customer complaints. They are very careful what they recommend to customers, and at this point are still selling the 1.6 gallon version until they are satisfied the 1.28 version works as well as advertised.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks