Pump start up

Users who are viewing this thread

PHILIPHD

Reaction score
I have a deep well pump that is used intermittenly for filling the pool and watering the garden.

I am having trouble with the pump starting. If I go to the pump house and tap on the electrical control valve for the pump it takes right off and I have water. I assume this electric relay needs replacing? What is it called and were do I purchase?

Thanks,
Phil

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Is the pump above ground, in the pump house? If so, you have a jet pump and the problem may be that the tubing to/from the pressure switch, the tubing fittings, and where the tubing fittings screw into the wet end of the pump and the switch, may be blocked with rust. That prevents the switch from reading real time pressure, and it lags at both start up and shut off.

You must unplug or otherwise shut off the pump, drain the pressure tank and remove that tubing its fittings etc. and clean/open all of them. You do that because you have water pressure on the tubing etc. unless you drain the tank.

PHILIPHD

Reaction score
Is the pump above ground, in the pump house? If so, you have a jet pump and the problem may be that the tubing to/from the pressure switch, the tubing fittings, and where the tubing fittings screw into the wet end of the pump and the switch, may be blocked with rust. That prevents the switch from reading real time pressure, and it lags at both start up and shut off.

You must unplug or otherwise shut off the pump, drain the pressure tank and remove that tubing its fittings etc. and clean/open all of them. You do that because you have water pressure on the tubing etc. unless you drain the tank.

Pump is in ground, all that is in pump house is the tank and electrical connections. However I beleive I found the problem. It was a loose wire, installed a new wire nut and everything running fine.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks