Accident. Need help

Users who are viewing this thread

Willl

Reaction score
So I have just solvent welded expensive PVC gate valves to 2" PVC pipe.:mad: Can I cut the pipe and the some how remove the 2" pipe from within the slip socket that is on the PVC gate valves. The PVC gate valves have slip sockets on each end to allow 2" pipe to slip inside. Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
They sell a drill bit expressly to ream out a fitting, it's not too expensive, but you'd have to compare its cost to just starting over with new parts. Other than that, you'd probably not get it apart and useable.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
First suggestion would be to cut the pipe leaving a couple of inches. You can then join the valve into wherever you need to use it using appropriate couplings.

If you must reuse the valve "as new" you will need to get a fairly expensive drill called a "ram bit" to drill out the pipe from the socket.

Willl

Reaction score
I was planning on making a hat out of them. NOT. Really though right after the valve there is a Tee and that tee has to be at a very precise angle inorder to fit in the assembly that I am constructing. I gotta slow down. Thanks for all the replies.

Willl

Reaction score
2 valves at 30 dollars each. I think I might just redo it with new fittings just to make sure it is done right. Thanks

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
Cut the pipe about an inch from the valve and then make a series of vertical cuts in the pipe (hacksaw, dremel, sawzall), but be careful not to cut the fitting, and then see if you can peel the old pipe out of the valve fitting. It takes some time and you may need to sand old glue/solvent out of the female socket when you're done. Use a good aplication of primer and glue when you put it together again because it may be slightly deformed but it usually works for me maybe more than half the time. Probably not a good idea for high pressure applications.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks