New toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

mjd190

Reaction score
We are starting a major renovation and will be replacing the toilets in two bathrooms. I am leaning towards a toto toilet (a one piece design) because they have good reviews, but still have a few questions. Since I am the one cleaning the bathrooms, the things I look for are maybe a little different from a plumber's. Who wants to clean around all the curves on most of the exposed trapways on new toilets (this was mentioned on another thread-apart from the fact that they look ugly). We looked at the toto carlyle which is skirted but it only comes with an elongated bowl. My concern with the elongated bowl is that on most of the ones that I have used in other places, I have to flush several times to remove a bowel movement from the bowl. The steepness of the bowl walls would affect this, and the toto bowls do look better in the store, but I would like some input from others who have them.
The other issue is that we live in an area with warm humid summers, but do not have air conditioning. The toilets we have now drip in the summer with condensation and I would like to reduce this. What is the best toilet for this situation.
Any input appreciated

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
There is no difference between elongated and round in performance.

Since the tank holds more water then is used, sweating is not an issue.
Skirted bowls to look at include the
Carlyle
Soiree
Gunivere
Pacifica
Carolina

Furd

Engineer
Reaction score
I bought the Carlyle for the same reason, the others are ugly and I wanted a one-piece toilet for ease of cleaning.

It does not require multiple flushes to clear the bowl of solid waste and it is quite easy to keep clean.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
If the toilet will be use by women only, the round will be OK, but for male use, the elongated is far superior. If you need more details, contact Dr. Ruth.:D

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
There is no difference between elongated and round in performance.

Since the tank holds more water then is used, sweating is not an issue.
Skirted bowls to look at include the
Carlyle
Soiree
Gunivere
Pacifica
Carolina

The Soiree and Guinevere both employ Toto's "double cyclone" flushing system, which has great bowl wash.

I have a Soiree in my house and would highly recommend it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks