American Standard 2043 "Elite"

Users who are viewing this thread

Vistaman

Reaction score
Hello,

Long time lurker and now my first post :) I'm setting up for my tub/shower remodeling job and need to finish choosing fixtures. I was about to grab a Delta T17430 Innovations Tub/Shower setup with the Multichoice Valve, when I came across this valve from American Standard at Home Depot and one lonely website.

It's simply named the "American Standard 2043 Elite Thermostatic Tub & Shower Faucet". Text says it is not only pressure and volume but also thermostatic control. I've tried to track down just what this setup is, but no luck. Anyone here know anything about this one? It appears to include the valve, but I can't find out just what valve it is.

Here are a couple of links :)confused: not sure why, but webaddr doesn't show. 1st one replace * with our friends at Home Depot no space, 2nd one replace * with the ever popular E Bay no space):

Any help for me?

thanks...vista

as-elite-2043-06.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
American Standaed quality has suffered greatly in the past 10-15 years. Most things are manufactured south of the border these days.

Vistaman

Reaction score
American Standaed quality has suffered greatly in the past 10-15 years. Most things are manufactured south of the border these days.

Yep, thanks I do know that. Any info on this particular valve combo? Have you ever seen it or installed it or repaired it? It does appear (at least from the pics on the e bay site), to include a valve for all the functions.

Quite a deal if it isn't a real dud :) Nothing on the American Standard website, very limited hits on Google and I was wondering why...

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
AmStd makes certain models as exclusive Depot versions and #. Usually, they are specially packaged versions of a regular item. See if your looks anything like one of these:

If you call AmStd, they will fax you a spec sheet and parts diagram of your model.

American Standard is in the middle of a merger with Eljer and Crane. That should make the parts situation a little murky going forward, as cooperate memory banks get erased.

as-elite-2043-00.jpg

as-elite-2043-01.jpg

as-elite-2043-02.jpg

as-elite-2043-03.jpg

as-elite-2043-04.jpg

as-elite-2043-05.jpg

as-elite-2043-06.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Vistaman

Reaction score
AmStd makes certain models as exclusive Depot versions and #. Usually, they are specially packaged versions of a regular item. See if your looks anything like one of these:

If you call AmStd, they will fax you a spec sheet and parts diagram of your model.

American Standard is in the middle of a merger with Eljer and Crane. That should make the parts situation a little murky going forward, as cooperate memory banks get erased.

Thanks jimbo, I'll call AmStd for some add'l help. Your link is for a different tub/shower setup. The e-bay link in my original message shows a picture of the valve and the trim. Although AmStd may very well have the spec, I was hoping for some "1st hand" experience from some of you guys here :)

Vistaman

Reaction score
It's simply named the "American Standard 2043 Elite Thermostatic Tub & Shower Faucet". Text says it is not only pressure and volume but also thermostatic control. I've tried to track down just what this setup is, but no luck. Anyone here know anything about this one? It appears to include the valve, but I can't find out just what valve it is.

Just got off the phone with AS, the valve is a Uniserve (?), 2043 Elite product was discontinued around 2004. Still parts available both from AS and 3rd party vendors.

If it does work OK, and was just replaced for newer technology or newer "fashion", it would be a good New In Box valve and trim kit from Home Depot for the features. But if the thing isn't reliable...<fx: scratches head> :confused:

Anyone with a memory of that product series?

thanks...vista

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
The red flags are waving all over this post...

Buying a valve on E-Bay

American Standard AKA Central American Standard

Discontinued... Why would they discontinue an item... They redesign, look at the Champion 4 as the perfect example of that.

Corporate Merger and lack of technical data.

Would you really want to put this prospective lemon inside of a wall?

The Delta would be a far better choice!

Vistaman

Reaction score
The red flags are waving all over this post...

Buying a valve on E-Bay

American Standard AKA Central American Standard

Discontinued... Why would they discontinue an item... They redesign, look at the Champion 4 as the perfect example of that.

Corporate Merger and lack of technical data.

Would you really want to put this prospective lemon inside of a wall?

The Delta would be a far better choice!

Yeah, I hear ya' :) I was never going to get this thing on e-bay, that's just for the picture of the thing. Home Depot, well maybe. But as I'm finding out, it's not a good thing.

Thanks for your advice...vista

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks