Venting Basement Toilet -- Does it have to be done?

Users who are viewing this thread

bb_sam

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm a newbie. I did a search for this venting issue and couldn't find an answer. My question is whether there's an easy way around venting a basement toilet.

I moved into an older home recently and the basement toilet (the fixture itself seems to be about 3-5 years old) doesn't fully flush most (if not all) of the time. As soon as I flush it, typically an air bubble comes up first and then it's a really slow flush that doesn't empty the bowl completely.

I had the drain snaked and the plumber even put a camera down there. Ultimately, through this process I was told the toilet is not vented. I suppose this is preventing it from working properly.

Is it true that changing the toilet won't fix this problem? Is there such thing as a toilet with a higher pressure flush so that venting isn't required? or do I have to redo the plumbing in the bathroom to properly vent the toilet?

Please help. Thanks.:D

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
Is it true that changing the toilet won't fix this problem? Is there such thing as a toilet with a higher pressure flush so that venting isn't required? or do I have to redo the plumbing in the bathroom to properly vent the toilet?
yes it is very true. It doesn't matter what type of toilet you put in, if its not vented, they will not work to their full capacity

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks