Pumptec Plus contactor question

Users who are viewing this thread

xtorq12

Reaction score
I purchased a used unit and want to make sure it's wired correctly (from the control unit circuit board to the contactor ).

Red wire is connected to front of contactor
Black wire is connected to the back of contactor and to L1 on contactor
White wire is connected to L2 on contactor

Is this correct? I'll check back in a.m.

xtorq12

Reaction score
Contactor diagram

Attachments

• contactor.gif
    contactor.gif
    16.2 KB · Views: 643

Speedbump

Reaction score
What circuit board? Are you referring to a control box? If so, the red wire does not belong where you have it shown. As a matter of fact the control box should be after the contactor not before it.

bob...

xtorq12

Reaction score
Sorry, I should have been more clear. The red, white and black 18 AWG wires in the pic are what I am asking about. They come from the circuit board inside of the Pumptec Plus box and connect to the contactor inside of the Pumptec Plus box.

Attachments

• contactor_1120.jpg
    contactor_1120.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 609
Last edited:

Speedbump

Reaction score
The photo does not tell me where the wires come from, so I uploaded this pic for you to study.

bob...

Attachments

• Pumptec+.jpg
    Pumptec+.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 1,690

xtorq12

Reaction score
Thanks Bob, I have that diagram in the pic you posted. All I need to do is verify that the red, white, black wires in my pic are connected correctly. I searched the Franklin Electric web site but I was unable to find what I need. I'll wait a couple of days for an answer here, if none I'll try contacting Franklin Electric.
Thanks for everyones help.

xtorq12

Reaction score
I don't think anyone can tell you if they are correct without seeing more in the picture.

bob...

Well, I was hoping someone can look inside their Pumptec Plus (or upload a picture) and tell me if it's wired correctly. I would have to remove and disassemble the circuit board plastic cover to be able trace the wires. I can't do that at this point because I can still return it for a refund.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks