Maybe some Electricians can help with this...

Users who are viewing this thread

owensands

Reaction score
At our home I have two outlets inside the garage that are now since a week ago non functional. I have checked all the circuitbreakers to no avail and there is another outlet in our garage which has the garge door opener plugged into it and that is working fine. Also there is a light in the garage that is fine. The two outlets just stopped working out of the blue. One of the outlets had our dog fence plugged into it and now we have to run an extension cord into our home so those damn dogs dont escape! :eek:
Any help would be very appreciative. :)

Thanks in advance!

Chris75

Electrician
Reaction score
I agree, you have a tripped GFI, check the panel for a gfi breaker, then check everywhere else in the house... :D

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Gfci

Check the outdoor outlets to see if one of them feeds into the garage and is tripped. Your doggie's fence could have tripped one of the outlets.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Really?

Now THERE's an hourly rate to be envious of!

If you want to go broke. I had one customer who had their freezer shut down and lost everything in it. The outlet was dead and they couldn't activate it. I looked everywhere because I was sure it was a tripped GFCI. I found it low on a bathroom wall underneath a bench. They didn't even know the outlet was there. It is also the reason I tell people not to plug appliances, especially critical ones, into a GFCI.
progress.gif

Alectrician

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I will do online service calls all day long for 85 bucks.

I wouldn't even have to put my pants on.:cool:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
price

I only have one price and it does not fluctuate regardless of whether I have to get dressed or not, or how quickly the job gets done. And the price is not $85.00, although one contractor says I charge like a lawyer,

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks