Steam Generators

Users who are viewing this thread

Trouble

Reaction score
Good afternoon, this is my first post, thanks for having me.

My husband and I are currently working on remodeling our master tub/shower into a tiled steam shower. I have been combing the internet for info on steam generators and I'm finding it difficult to determine pros/cons/reliability of different manufacturers. Does anyone have any practical experience/advice on these expensive little units?

Thank You!
Karen:rolleyes:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I don't personally, but for another forum that may (and they can help with design and construction of the shower as well) is www.johnbridge.com.

If you haven't looked at it, check out www.schluter.com for Kerdi. Noble and Latticrete also make some waterproofing systems that could work.

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
I have been combing the internet for info on steam generators and I'm finding it difficult to determine pros/cons/reliability of different manufacturers. Does anyone have any practical experience/advice on these expensive little units?

Thank You!
Karen:rolleyes:
The pro's are, when they are working they are great. Each different unit may have their own type of maintanence( ie: descaling) procedure or non at all .

The cons are, if you get a person that does not know how to follow specs or installation instructions, then you will find that you will spend more money trying to figure out why they don't work.

Trouble

Reaction score
Thank you both very much, the information was very useful and I will take the advise of both and put it to good use!:)

katzaw

Reaction score
Hi:
I have the same concerns about which brand of steam generator. The John Bridge site has us convinced to use the Kerdi system but I can't find any help on which brand of generator, Mr. Steam, Kohler, Thermasol, Steammist etc.? Have you made any progress?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks