seeking most aggressive flush possible

Users who are viewing this thread

soopergrape

Reaction score
I am seeking the toilet/flush mechanism with the most powerful, clog resistant combination possible (within reason...$$$). I don't care about looks, sound level, or anything else. If there is a system with unclogging jets, that would be a consideration. I have an individual who consistently clogs every toilet he has ever used. I don't want to end up with a jet powered overflow! :confused:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
There may not be a perfect answer to this. On recommendation might be to install a commercial flushometer valve toiler. The toilet plus valve will run $500 +. Another expenze will be that you will have to have a 1" water supply pipe run all the way from the main valve to the toilet. The flushometer valve will not work otherwise.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
I had an old AS powered by the Flushmate pressure-assist unit:

http://www.flushmate.com/

and recommend it highly. Very noisy, but very effective. The newer models are said to be quieter, but I wouldn't bet on it. When you flush one of these babies, there's no doubt where the poop is going. Several toilet manufacturers use this in their PA models.

soopergrape

Reaction score
Seeking the Cruisinart of solid waste disposal

What $$$ amount is within reason???

500$ is doable. 1000$ is much less so. I'd hate to invest too much into something that may not be a positive selling point to a future buyer:

"This here terlet sounds like a Double AA Nitro fueled dragster comin' off the line, but it sure don't leave no floaters! Oh, and you don't wanna be sittin' there when you fire this puppy up..." :eek:

While I am all for performance and award zero points for style, a construction site style Port-A-Pottie would not be acceptable-and there are those weekly visits. If it can't be done with water I could stick an Incinerette (or whatever those electric ones are called) in the garage and take it on trips and when I move. Thanks.

soopergrape

Reaction score

Thanks, The Caroma seems to be just the thing. Do they come with power flush? I'll be checking out an Elliot's anyway, I'm also in the Dallas area.

"If you want to flush a tennis shoe down..."
I think I've found a kindred spirit! They are almost that tough, I've got one soaking in dishwasher detergent, too late for a fisherman.

mysticturner

Reaction score
Thanks, The Caroma seems to be just the thing. Do they come with power flush? I'll be checking out an Elliot's anyway, I'm also in the Dallas area.
I talked with Brett D. at the Plano store. He was suggesting a Toto, but I insisted on the Caroma. By his own admission, he suggests the Toto Drakes because he knows them and doesn't know much about the Caroma. In his defense however, he seemed genuinely interested in finding out why I wanted the Caroma over the Toto and what the differences were.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
For what its worth...I have installed quite a few of them (Caromas) with no complaints...that said they do have a small water spot as do many of the new toilets.

Like on of my customers said in jest...WoW, I can cancel my trash service now because what ever I put in it disappears.

Maximus57

Reaction score
With some of the "high powered toilet systems" does anything need to be reconstructed in my plumbing? Can they just replace my existing toilet without doing anything else? Also, what did you mean by small water spot? Are you speaking of the amount of water in the bowl?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A few toilet valves need a large water supply pipe - think the commercial ones. If it is a pressure assisted toilet, or any 'typical' toilet, no, the supply is the same as you have on your existing toilet. Depending on the style of the toilet, the location of the toilet's supply line might need to be in a specific place. For example, some of the Toto's need to have the supply further from the toilet centerline than others. The Toto's with the skirt that covers most of the toilet need the supply installed out wider.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks