Can someone recommend a toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

xnaron

Reaction score
Can someone recommend a good toilet that meets the following criteria.

1. installing in a basement on concrete slab (needs to push enough water so it won't back up)
2. at least 6 litres per flush (no ultra low flushers)
3. need to be able to buy it regular stock at stores like HD

Bascially I'm just wanting to be sure I don't buy a lemon. Don't want to have to install it more than once.

thanks,
Brendin

Was looking at the Crane Hymont II 16 In. High Elongated Toilet Bowl, White at HD

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Probably the American Standard Cadet 3 would be a reasonable choice. You do limit your choices if you insist on shopping the Big Box Stores, much of their stock is what is referred to as "builder grade". These are cheap toilets that builder buy to put in the spec homes and are known for their poor flushing qualities. If you can broaden your shopping scope, a Toto Drake would be an excellent choice.

Toilets

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The toilets that get recommendations are Toto Drake, AS Cadet 3, and a few others mostly from Toto. SPend some time reading here, search the toilet test info on the home page.

Toilets

xnaron

Reaction score
ok...found a Toto Drake at a local shop...going for that...thanks guys.

Brendin

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Of course when the word gets out the neighbors will be coming over to see that monster flush!

Prashster

Reaction score
Who ever could of thought I'd be excited over a toilet :p

I share your excitement. The toilet inventor was a genious: siphons out the waste and then refills at precisely the right time/rate to refill and block gasses. It makes the dirtiest part of human living clean and elegant.

Toilet gets my vote for most ingenious appliance in the house.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks