Best toilet supply line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Mad Plumber

Mad Skills
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I need to know the best line to use from the supply shut off to the toilet. We know a friend that had the flexible plastic crimped line blow off while on vacation. I have looked at solid gray line that came on my house and it lasted 30 years and they have been great. now everone is going to stainless. If stainless what brand fstgeorge

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I use almost any braided stainless except the Watts Floodsafe ones... They have problems!

floodsafe-settlement.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Grazzy

Reaction score
i like the braided stainless also for durability. occasionally i've had some problems with them leaking where they connect to the fill valve, but i believe that was the fault of the valve rather than the line.

Herk

Plumber
Reaction score
I've had no problems using polybutylene or PEX tubes, except for a commercial one that somebody kicked off.

But I use a lot of Fluidmaster - the ones that are very solid, non-twisting, with real stainless steel, not the plastic that looks like stainless steel.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
The gray ones are polybutylene and I recommend that they be changed any time I come across them in a building.

Number 1 reason for a service call when it relates to a toilet supply leak.

They either bust at the bends or when they freeze, right above the nuts.

Can't expect much @ .38 cents a piece.

On one of my forums there was a spam post involving corrugated stainless tubing like CSST configuration.....3/8" and very easy to use.

Kinda like the older type flex copper ones we used to see years ago.

Can't find them in my area but I was curious to know if they were expensive or not.

I stick with Fluidmaster SS supplies; reliable and no reliability problems.

I can upsell the replacement of PEX supplies in the entire house by taking one off and showing people how easily they snap off right above the nut where the ferrule was tightening down on the pipe or at the faucet supply nut.

Compress/distort/strain plastic and it's a given it will harden right there where you did it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks