Cyclone and bowl wash questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Guinness56

Reaction score
After reading through many posts here I still can't get a clear answer as to the wash/rinse capabilities of the Drake/Ultimax. I've read on a few posts that there isn't much of a rinse and that's the main complaint (if any). Is there no rinse at all or is there at least a little bit? For that matter, what's the rinse like on the Titan? I assume similar to the Drake?

Regarding the Guinevere / Soiree and the Cyclone rinse - that's obviously a major upgrade but the video on TOTO's website makes me believe it might splash all over the place. Any feedback on that?

-Joe-
ms974_01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Titan rinse is not a good as the Drake. Just a slight difference.
What you mainly notice is quality of workmanship.

The Soiree and Gunivere have the best bowl rinse.
No, it does not splash, and everyone that has one, has commented on how nicely they work.
Right now, it's the best combination of flush and rinse you can buy. Period.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
The Soiree and Gunivere have the best bowl rinse.
No, it does not splash, and everyone that has one, has commented on how nicely they work.
Right now, it's the best combination of flush and rinse you can buy. Period.

I completely agree!

Thanks to Terry's info on this site, I installed a Soiree in my main floor powder room maybe 4 months ago. I am delighted with it! The bowl wash works great, does NOT splash out of the bowl (unlike the old pressure-assisted toilet I used to have), and you don't give up anything in terms of flushing ability/resistance to clogs. Have not been able to clog it despite our best attempts!

The comfort height is really nice, too - you don't appreciate how much so until you try it (and your knees will thank you!).

abak_soiree_1.jpg

TOTO Soiree pedestal lav, faucet and toilet suite

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunny Bunny

Reaction score
Retail is $890
My discounted price is $623

Terry,

From reading emails on your site, which I am so glad exists, it seems that folks are buying these Toto Toilets at discounted rates. How can I find a similar deal without ordering online? I see you don't recommend this option.

A Dealer in my area & the plumber they recommended said that I would pay retail cost for the Guinevere plus the plumber's installation fees and other parts.

Do most plumbers & remodelers pass their discounted prices on to the customer or not? Do you sell in Minnesota?

Thanks!:)

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would call around where you are at.

Some plumbers do offer a discount, and that's one reason showrooms quote retail. This way, the plumbers can send customers to showrooms, and still show the customer their discount.

Guinness56

Reaction score
Terry - I don't see the Cadet 3 in your reviews just yet but read a bunch of positive ones on it in the forum. Have you tested that one or have any opinion of it when compared to the Drake? Is the rinse similar or is the Drake still better? Is the Drake still the better value for the $ ?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Joe,
The Cadet 3 is an entry level product of things I install.
I prefer to install other products.

For a plumber, time is money.

The ones I sell the most of, seem to be the Toto Drake, I get a lot of repeat business from them.

Last edited:

Guinness56

Reaction score
Ok, you've convinced me. Is the "cotton-white" closest to white from Kohler or American Standard vs. the colonial white?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
There's a color match chart on the website...don't remember which one lines up with what.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks