Kemore elite washer advise

Users who are viewing this thread

baffled

Reaction score
My washer has the electronic control panel at the top, its become intermittent, had sears come out, he ran his finger down the panel like going over piano keys and the lites came on and it worked.

seemed to me a snap dome inside was problem, but sears wants 300.00 to replace the complete panel.

now isn't their something i can do, can an electrican help, this cannot be a big project, sears says get the new panel or new washer, washer is only 5 yrs old.

480sparky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Electricians pretty much deal with the electric supply to the appliance. The Maytag Repairman works on the innards.

Maybe you can order the panel yourself and attempt to change it out. But I doubt you'd find a Sparky in the Yellow Pages that would be willing to help unless you already know one as a friend.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The $300 is probably $200 + for the part, and a basic service call charge.

Membrane controls are just very expensive parts.

If you can post the complete model number of the DW, I can get you the part # of the part, and the approximate retail price. It is probably not a difficult repair.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks